1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 2 choices to take my bike for the recall and the dealership
that has never seen my bike before but knows who I am called
me this afternoon and told me the parts are in. So when I got home
from work, I rode it over there and rolled it right into the shop.
I could not believe the reaction I received. Every single mechanic
and worker came over to Awe over the bike. I know the owner of the
dealership rides a Warrior and one of the guys said "Wait till the boss
sees this thing! He's gonna flip!" [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] They told me that they would
take real good care of this bike. Hopefully all goes well. I'll see in
a couple of days when I pick it up. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis, I would have gone to either Mineola or Hicksville, but Hicksville called me today
and said the parts just came in. Their doing the recall and an oil change for me. Did you
know Zeus rides a Warrior with a 280 rear?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Took mine in today for TPS and CPS recalls and new rubber. At least we've been buried under snow so I won't miss out on any riding.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I took mine in for my new rubber, Avon Storms. I nervous anytime someone else is working on any of my vehicles and I can't see it. The disclaimer on the wall stated "we're not responsible for any nicks or scratches on the wheel during tire changes" which didn't ease my anxiety. Came out unscathed, though I did have a palm print on my mirror. I also had to ask them to run my vin to see what recalls needed to be done. Overall it was OK. Gregg do you have a picture of how and where you mounted your oil press guage, and maybe the details on the guage. TIA
Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Vector18 - I took a look at your pics in your gallery, I see why they "flipped" over it, is there any part on that bike you have not touched?
Gotta love bad clowns
Very cool bike ya got.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Took mine in last Friday. Also took my daughter in for surgery on Monday. Felt the same way each day. Afraid of the unknown. Wondering if all will be well. I have learned to pray because of situations like these. Everything turned out good in the end. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
871 Posts
Greg, were you there when the boss came in to see it? I would love to have seen the reaction on his face. I would love to meet up with you guys on one of your New Hope runs so I can see your bike in person myself.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
left mine this morning - *** topic hyjack ***

I was going to have the guy put in my Barrnett Clutch, He quoted me 1.5 hours to put it in (in conjunction with ) the reaclled CPS...I told him he was high (hes getting 2.5 from yamaha)

I then brought it with me this morning and and the sales guy laughed at me when I said I could install it in 15 minutes - would he let me in the shop (NO) or I would be willing to pay .5 labor ICW the reacall....

anyway when the tech came in he said SHURE - held do it for .5 - if I could have talked to him directly I'ld a got it done for a 6 pack

Srealerships Suck

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Mine goes in tomorrow.Only doing the cps. And putting in the Barnett clutch kit.
Does the clutch need to come out to do the cps anyway?Wondering why there should be any xtra labor.Though I don't mind paying for a .5 hour to do it.
Yammie still hasn't sent the tps.So someday I'll have to take it back to them.
The other yammie shop in the area said to bring in the bike THEN they would order the parts...uh what?
Fingers crossed anytime someone else puts a wrench to it.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
yea its only 6 screws out and six screws in - I think it would actually take about five minutes

Its the getting to it and gasket thing and making sure the pull rod is setup right when the cover goes back on that is worth the .5

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I took my Warrior in Tuesday afternoon 4/10/07 for the pick-up coil recall and just picked her up about 2 hours ago. No waiting list...The part was in stock...Didn't get charged for the oil change. Plus they checked the entire bike over...From cable adjustment to tire pressure...Everything was good! Did say that I needed to charge my battery a little.

The mechanic who works on my bike...Loves it when I bring in...

I don't care what anyone says about CASEY CYCLE CITY...You can't beat their service!![^] Been dealing with them for 18 or 19 years and NEVER had any problems with them. And I'm NOT just saying that because they sponsor me...Even when I first started going there, they treated me right!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I picked up the bike last night and rode it home. It did feel
alittle more resposive on the throttle but when I got home I noticed
alittle oil on the floor. My pressure gauge read normal and I had oil
at the dipstick. So I called the manager today and they're sending a
van to my house Saturday to pick her up to be done right. I'm disappointed that it was done right the 1st time, but at least they're
doing the right thing. The owner didn't say anything to me but I know
from word of mouth he's a bit of a prick.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Hey Greg! My mechanic said to watch for an oil leak...When I saw your post and went out and checked my bike. Yup! Saw a small oil spot on the floor right under the cover...Darn it! It's just a small dip...

Anyway the mechanic did say it might leak so watch it...Oh well...They'll fix it...

If anyone sees it at least I can say "It's not an oil leak, it's just marking it's spot!"[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
546 Posts
Greg, sorry to hear about the bad news. At least they are taking care of you. I have to say that Action Yamaha in Metuchin, NJ has taken care of me for both of my recalls and no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
871 Posts
That stinks...seems like a lot of people are having post recall oil leaks. I hope that doesn't happen to me when I take mine in.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Madman, I hear what your sayin, but I had more than a little drip. After last years incident,
I'm freakin paranoid as it is!! I always look down and check my pressure gauge right after
I blast on her hard.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Greg,

Well...I wiped all underneath the motor and around the left-hand side cover and along the frame last night and laid a clean rag underneath the bike. There was some oil that I guess when the mechanic pulled off the cover that ran down all underneath the motor and onto the frame. I guess he didn't clean it all off...Anyway I checked this morning and didn't see any oil on the rag that I laid underneath the bike last night. Then I checked all underneath the cover, the motor and around the frame. Nope! No oil!! No leaks!!![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Anyway I'm going to start her up before I go to work and let her run for a few minutes (The neighbors are just going to have to get over.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]) and then ride her around the block and check everything again. Just to make sure there are no leaks...There's a chance that it may not leak when the bike has been sitting, but will start leaking, after it is started up and rode awhile.

I hope yours doesn't turn out to be anything major...

Mark aka Mad Man

1 - 20 of 23 Posts