RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my little cheap MP3 player,Ihave about 100 songs...

This is my top 5, whats yours?

5)Black Label Society-Fire it Up

4)Disturbed-Inside the Fire

3)Korn-Comming Undone

2)Anarchy Club-Behind the Mask

1)Senses Fail-Bite to Break Skin (Legion of Doom Remix)

Tough to pick just 5...lots of great music out there.

and just because I am noticing a trend, how old are you? im 28

I think those of us that use MP3's are under 40...those that like the wind tend to be more experienced. Am i right?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel safe riding with music blasting in my ears. I prefer to hear whats going on around me.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, if I am in traffic or riding in a group, I dont have the tunes. Where I live though, its 15 miles to the next town, no stop lights, not many other cars, and if you take the back road, NO other cars. Just cruising and chillin. In the town I live in, there are 2 stoplights from one end to the other. If i was listening to whats going on around me, all I would hear is wind.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
There are about a hundred on my cheap little MP3 player as well and I have the intention of of listening to it just about everytime I ride, but I usually wind up turning it off and just listening to the song of the road. Some of my favorites on the MP3 player include "Roll Me Away" by Bob Segar, "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" by The Dillards and "Flirten' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet. Pretty mild by most standards, but I ride to relax and the last thing I need is music that keys me up, that I don't really like that much.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i dont know about you guys but when i ride, i really enjoy the wind and the peace that comes with just bein on my bike. i love to listen to my bike rumbling along, that is music to me.

it lets me get away from all the noises of everyday life. if i want music my truck does the job, i didnt put all that equipment in there for nothin!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sometime, I like to ride with the MP3.

It was hard just too pick just 5!
1. Linkin Park-Somewhere I belong
2. Cold - No One
3. Puddle of Mudd- Control
4. Nickelback – Breathe
5. Staind - Mudshovel

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just goes to show you – the Warrior bridges the generation gap. I’m 61 on Sunday. I don’t know any of those bands, let alone the music. I’ll have to check with my 14 year old to see if she does. I don’t ride with music – it would have to be too loud to overcome the Big Shots. For snowboarding hoverer I like the Eagles, Allman Bros, Seger & Dire Straits

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya know, I figured we would get some responses about "listening to the wind" and all.

When I am really pushing it, riding it hard, I go without the tunes. I f I am just out for a "stroll" though, the tunes are just as nice.

All which seems kinda strange when I look back at my top 5 selection.

I think 4 ouf ot 5 of FLATLINE's tunes are in my 100. Gotta get some of the Eagles and others too. Thats what I am really looking for, changing out my other 95 with some great reccommends!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
gremlin said:
i dont know about you guys but when i ride, i really enjoy the wind and the peace that comes with just bein on my bike. i love to listen to my bike rumbling along, that is music to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. Maybe if I were to go on longer rides I might consider it but I doubt it.

Ihavejust under3K songs in my MP3 player though for the gym. There's no way I could narrow it down to just five favorites but maybe I couldnamefive (wildly varying) favorite performers/groups.... Elvis, AC/DC, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, Ratt, Peter Frampton, Ozzy, Motley Crue, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Scorpions, Rush.... Oh screw it, I can't even do that.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Its illegal to ride/drive with headphones on here. You wouldnt want to anyway because of all the snowbirds. My all time fav is Led Zepplin

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now see, I thought it was illegal here as well, but the couple times I have been pulled over on the Warrior I was listening to my MP3's. I pull off my helmet and pull out my earbuds and just let em dangle. Never been told a thing about it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I listen to my mp3 of road trips and once in a while when riding out in the country. Don't know how many songs, but there is over 14 hours worth. I didn't know if I was going to be comfortable not hearing what was going on around me, but after I discovered that I appreciated wearing earplugs even under my full face helmet, I tried the earbuds and music and really enjoy it.

Favorites are probably (in no particular order):

Rock and Roll Aint Noise Polution - AC/DC

Nationwide - ZZ Top

Stranglehold - Ted Nuggent

Rockstar - Nickleback

Roll Me Away - Bob Segar

I have a wide variety though including Blues, Country, Alternative and lots of Classic Rock. I'm 43, in case the music selection didn't give it away.

·
Registered
510 Posts
BAH, so hard to choose only five. Usually i do prefer the sound of my bike and children/old people screaming in my wake. But, when i do use an mp3...

1. Killswitch engage - my life for yours

2. Ra - superman

3. Karnivool - Fear of the sky

4. Sevendust - Waffle

5. Alice in Chains - nutshell (riding home over the dam watching the sunset, this song is perfect)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Fergie, ooops, grabbed my daughters IPOd my mistake......

No tunes for me, don't wear a helmet and I like hearin what's going on around me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. Ridin Dirty - Chamillionaire
2. Home - Bobaflex
3. Drive - Incubus
4. By the way - Young Jeezy
5. Lollipop - Lil Wayne

Can you guess my age group? :p

Listening to music while riding out in the middle of nowhere is the best.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Bands, not songs...I only listen ocassionally but when I do

The Pogues

Elvis Costello

Stevei Ray Vaughn

Allman Brothers

Led Zeppelin

Wind/engine/wheels are usually the best sound, but I installed speakers in my helmet so I dont have to have the earbuds.

Im 52 years old

·
Administrator
29,677 Posts
. . . and that's what I like most is hearing the wind . . . its the reason I ride a loud bike . . . for the quiet . . . and I know you know what I mean.

BJMartin said:
Yea, if I am in traffic or riding in a group, I dont have the tunes. Where I live though, its 15 miles to the next town, no stop lights, not many other cars, and if you take the back road, NO other cars. Just cruising and chillin. In the town I live in, there are 2 stoplights from one end to the other. If i was listening to whats going on around me, all I would hear is wind.

That being said - I have 6 and I still love album rock best (I'm 53)

1. Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

2. INXS - Kick

3. Eagles - Hotel California

4. Bob Seger - Stranger in Town

5. Rolling Stones - Rewind

6. Soundgarden - Superunknown

7. Start Over!

I don't get tired of it over the years - what does that mean?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts