RS Warrior Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
I almost got up to the state posted speed limit (55 MPH) on my Warrior once, but then good sense prevailed and I remembered how cool I look just cruising around on it, just letting folks check it and me out.

CAD

·
Registered
295 Posts
Probably already stated here somewhere. I think these bikes are RPM limited...more motor left, but lack of cooling requires them to be limited by rev's. Like most others, my speedo stops going up at about 130 MPH. I will say that I've never actually had my Harley maxed out, but the warrior is a lot more torquey albeit not as smooth perhaps. However, if you're not talking about women or bourbon...who cares about smooth?:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anyone recently installed an Ivan's big bore kit????

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I almost got up to the state posted speed limit (55 MPH) on my Warrior once, but then good sense prevailed and I remembered how cool I look just cruising around on it, just letting folks check it and me out.

CAD
Muwhahhaaahahhaha

8 month old comment, but classic.

I'm with you :D:D:D:D:D:D

Dutch :cool:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
. . . And added bonus of sex appeal.
I stopped on the way home from work to fill up and went in to pay. One tall young man was wearing a Denver Broncos T so I told him that it was "a damned fine T-shirt" he was wearing. We got to talking and he asked, "Is that your bike out there?"
"Yes, it is."
"That's a sexy looking bike."
"Thanks, her name's Fiona."
"Nice."

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,508 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Hi AZW, Just wondering what you meant by "to a lesser extent go S*"?
The speedster ECU has a higher revving limiter then stock.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,508 Posts
Stock ECU redline ~5200.
S* ECU redline ~5500.
Ivan's ECU redline ~5850.
More rpm means more top end speed but the speedo will still be off compared to GPS-measured speed. In either event, the S* ECU gives lesser top end.

Hi AZW, Just wondering what you meant by "to a lesser extent go S*"?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Stock ECU redline ~5200.
S* ECU redline ~5500.
Ivan's ECU redline ~5850.
More rpm means more top end speed but the speedo will still be off compared to GPS-measured speed. In either event, the S* ECU gives lesser top end.
I guess I sort of see what you're saying. Actually the Speedstar ECU boosts the redline by 500 rpm. So I expect it hits rev limiter at 5700.

But you need the power to get there ( ie: higher rev limit doesn't necessarily mean more power or that you can reach the limit) which the other Speedstar Stage IV upgrades gives you. That's partially why I asked ... I wasn't sure if you were talking about the extra power of the kit or just comparing rev limits.
Thanks for answering my question!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts