RS Warrior Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts

Did someone say GPS......errrrmmmm......pics.....5th gear 180hp '06 R1, with plenty left in 5th, and another gear to go!:cool:

IMO any monkey can pull the loud cables on a stock or slightly modified bike. Things get interesting @195mph to (as far as I know) 217mph (police laser verified:eek:)......these (warriors) are stoplight to stoplight bikes. Sure it's fun to "give 'ER all she's got cap'in" but I wouldn't brag about how fast, downhill, with a tailwind I went on my Warrior! Lol.

I got away from the hyperbike scene. There's no reason to have that much power around here (NE).......it only gets you into trouble and I don't have the self control not to tap into it. I have to say my superduke is my favorite sportbike to date (supermotos a close second). [email protected] is where all the fun is at!

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
across germany a pair of us would go out front and slam 5th to 5k until the blue light buzzed and the needle waved and there she sat around 120 plus... the speedo says 125 plus but the gearing ratios tell us it's lower .... love doing that knowing the engine is protected at all times ...the speedstar gen2 certainly helps her get there and cracks the air ... do i love my warrior :)

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,975 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post anyway. I'm definitely interested in seeing what people have done (GPS verified 'cause our speed-o's are $hit for telling the truth).

I was just curious what my current mods could theoretically get me and I looked up this calculator (someone pointed me to one like this before, but I couldn't find it).

With my current mods, it says I could hit 153 mph. That's with Ivan's Flash and 250/40 R18 tire. I haven't double checked the gear ratios but from what the stock said, 131 mph, it does look like it might be slightly off.

Supposedly, with Ivan's Flash, a 260/40 R18, 33T front and 65T rear, you could get up to 172 mph, so long as the engine has the cahoonas to do it.

White Light Product Font Line

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
@random_guy ... the Gearing Commander calculator doesn't account for the secondary reduction of the Yamaha transfer case middle shaft of 35/32 so the numbers need to be adjusted :)

Warrior Final Drive - Snap Shot in Excel

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Reduction of 35/32 = 0.914 so 153.6 x .914 = 140.38 which would still be pretty impressive!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,508 Posts
@random_guy

In a thread like this you need to fully identify your own specific mods including if you have R* 5th and/or S* ECU and/or Ivan's ECU and also indicate your bike's established max fifth gear rpm.

I realize your data is likely mentioned across multiple posts over time, but not many have time to investigate history!

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,975 Posts
@random_guy

In a thread like this you need to fully identify your own specific mods including if you have R* 5th and/or S* ECU and/or Ivan's ECU and also indicate your bike's established max fifth gear rpm.

I realize your data is likely mentioned across multiple posts over time, but not many have time to investigate history!
It’s there in the third paragraph. I haven’t done any mods in my gears so it’s stock except what’s mentioned:

“ With my current mods, it says I could hit 153 mph. That's with Ivan's Flash and 250/40 R18 tire.”

Ivan’s gives me more revs and tire gives me larger circumference which gives me more distance per revolution.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,975 Posts
@random_guy ... the Gearing Commander calculator doesn't account for the secondary reduction of the Yamaha transfer case middle shaft of 35/32 so the numbers need to be adjusted :)

Warrior Final Drive - Snap Shot in Excel
I think that might be what’s missing. Thanks, @alanh!

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
@random_guy ... Looks like the Gearing Commander calculator is smart to the secondary ratio of the Yamaha transfer case for the cruiser line :oops: ;)
  • I initially observed that the Primary Drive Ratio (PDR) of their calculator didn't agree with the Warrior 1.532 PDR. It's listed @ 1.6755 and I assumed it was Pilot error on your part but that's NOT the case as it's a calculation within their template :)
    • Hence 1.532 x 35/32 = 1.532 x 1.094 = 1.676 corrected for the transfer case
  • Using my reduced Example Calculations as shown above with stock gearing, wide tire and Ivan's flash & 250/40R18 Avon Venom-R perimeter from my spreadsheet:
    • (5850 / 2.932) x (6.79 / 88) = 153.95 mph Theoretical of course :D
      • 88 is a constant (5280/60=88)

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,975 Posts
Awesome! Thanks, @alanh! I knew someone with more knowledge would figure this out.

Now to find a hill with a tail wind to test that out!🤣🤣 I love my girl, Scarlett, but she doesn’t have the oomph to get my 100 kilos up to that speed.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
I became a member of a new club after this ride as shown in my old signature!
One of the most memorable bike rides I've ever done on the Warrior.
The road into Scotty's Castle from the Nevada side is for setting land speed records if you can hold on to your Warrior :) there's about a 26 mile stretch with no side roads going to Scottys castle and the only thing you need to worry about is hitting a coyote or maybe a wild burro!

My ride in the foreground, at that time, with stock gearing, Churchkey's big air kit and 1000# Eibach spring running stock size tires.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,975 Posts
I became a member of a new club after this ride as shown in my old signature!

My ride in the foreground, at that time, with stock gearing, Churchkey's big air kit and 1000# Eibach spring running stock size tires.
NICE!! Looks like that could be a good way to do it! I’ll grab my gps action cam for posterity!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts