RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the exhaust flange bolts. In ft lbs? Just changed my transfer case oil and need to put the header back on.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,707 Posts
I gather you still haven't downloaded a free service manual. Act now before its too late: http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/warrior_service.pdf Yes its the 2002 version, its still the same. NOTE one or twoodd bolts have been found to have the wrongtorque value in the early manuals, but the values for the exhaust are accurate. Or you can buy a newer manual. You can do a search for Torque and find some topics about the few that are wrong in the book. Many of those were identified by Churchkey and AlanH, but I'm not aware of a specific post to house just that information.

I could look it up for you when I have a chance. The thingisif you're working on the bike without a manual then you're begging for phantom problems later. I admit the exhaust is less likely to give you grief but you get the idea.

Please get a manual so you havea chance to see the big picture as you become a hopeless mod-a-holic like the rest of us

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I now have a manual. Mentalcase I normally use the PFT method (Pretty F-ing Tight) but that was when I wasturning wrencheson cars. I am still getting the feel for the motorcycle and most of the time I dont know my own strength so I dont want to jack anything up. Again thanks.

Marty

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,707 Posts
Page 2-22

Front Exhaust Pipe Nut, M8, 2 each, 14 Ft/Lb

Rear Exhaust Pipe Bolt, M8, 2 each, 17 Ft/Lb

Rear Exhaust Pipe Joint Cover Screw, M6, 2 each, 5 Ft/Lb

Rear Exhaust Pipe Joint Nut, M8, 2 each, 14 Ft/Lbs

Muffler Bolt, M10, 1 each, 38 Ft/Lbs

Muffler Bolt, M8, 2 each,14 Ft/Lbs

Muffler Clamp Bolt, M8, 2 each, 8 Ft/Lbs

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
I gather you still haven't downloaded a free service manual. Act now before its too late:

Thanks to the both of you. It seems a simple question has turned into a much bigger reward. Not only did I get the answer to my question I also now have the service manual. This place is great and everyone here is awesome. The only problem I encountered while changing my transfer case gear oil was I scratched my stock header but I painted it with rust-oleum satin paint, perfect match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts