RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am hopeing someone can help me out here I am trying to find the Torque Specs for the rear dogbone that holds the shock to the swingarm on my 2007 Warrior. I have a service manual on order but the local dealer says it will be another week before he gets it in. Thanks

Tony

·
Administrator
29,703 Posts
Here ya go:

JUMP to Topic "Download a 2002 Service Manual"
1. http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/warrior_service.pdf

See Page 4-82 for the disasembled view and part names.

Then see Chassis torque values beginning page 2-24.

I suggest this rather than giving you the torque values because many confuse the Relay Arm with the Connecting Arms when using the term 'dogbones' and viewing the drawingclarifies which bolts you are asking about. BTW the torque value for bolt #1 is noted in the drawing on Page 4-82, this is the self-locking nut/washer/bolt fastening the Connecting Arms to the Relay Arm.

You also have an opportunity to return the favor by mentioning anything you notice in your 2007 Service Manual, when you get it, that differs from the 2002 Service Manual. You might even start your own post and update it over time as you notice differences. Keeping it all together would help everyone here.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Tony,

What torque wrench brand you use? First, I purchased a Sears/Mastercraft ($120) and stripped the bolts...
Now I use Precision Instruments and I can torque properly any bolt.

It is almost the same price but like a zillion times better made. Just sharing my experiences.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Teck I use a Snap On swivel head click style Torque wrench that I'm lucky enough to be able to get calibrated at work annually so that I can trust the Torque settings.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
That looks like a great wrench. Indeed, you are lucky to get it calibrated every time you need... for free I presume?

Those are the 2 torque wrenches I use, made by Precision Instruments.
3/8" Drive Dial Type Wrench (D2F300HMP) 0-25 lb.ft, for low torque values:

3/8" Drive Split-beam Click Wrench (C2FR100F) 20-100 lb.ft with flexible rachet head:

I will wait for a sale to get the missing 1/2" wrench... so I'm set for life in the torque wrench category.

Since I got those wrenches (little after I purchased the Warrior), there is not one single bolt I opened that I did not torque it back to the proper values. In fact, on many of the bolts I opened I had to use a pneumatic impact wrench to get them lose... I think the previous owner believed that the tigher they are, the better will be for the bike. Hmmm.

Very smart of you to torque your bolts the proper way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts