RS Warrior Forum banner

totally new everywere

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  ohiomike 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just purchased my brand new 2006 Warrior, and qwestion is about "engine break-in" - is it so important? Now i have only 20mi (the way from dealer to home). I'm now waiting for my road test to get driver lisence. ****, i can't wait more...
It's my second bike. First was custom "Ural", i left it in Ukraine.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard. There are lots of opinions on how to break in your Warrior. Do a search and you'll read until your eyes bleed.

I believe in breaking it in the way I'm gonna ride it. I rode it hard, varied my rpms, but tried to stay off the rev limiter. 18k miles later it still runs as good as it did when I got it.

#3 ·
IMHO - the most important aspect to break-in is seating the rings. Hard accel (keep rpms down) in high gears.

Wow - from Ural to Warrior. HUGE power difference, although I think the Urals as well as the guy who owns the company is pretty cool. The bike was built for self-maintenance. And the company actually encourages it (imagine HD ever doing that!). Too bad you couldn't have kept it...

WELCOME!

#19 ·
Welcome to the Warrior Club. I met an American Ukrainian a few weeks back who rides a Road Star Midnight. His Buddy is from Czechoslovakia and he rides a Midnight Warrior. They were 2 cool guys. Glad to have ya over here on the 4m. Enjoy your bike and Ride Safe!

#20 ·
Welcome.
1. As long as your not over heating it you will be fine.
2. Vary the throtle don't stick it at 3000 rpms and ride for 3 hours.
3. Get on it. The bike needs to know what it can do..
4. Change oil at 600 miles then every 5000 miles. Go synthetic after 2nd
5. Have fun. The chances of you hurting this bike are Very very slim yamaha has put in safety features to keep it from blowing up.. Unless your (Vector)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.