RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered the rear end (2.5") doing the flip n grind. The bike rides great and I had no problem cornering...till, swapped bikes w/my buddy. I was on his bmw/rll00r, he was in front of me on my warrior taking a corner like he was still on his beemer, then bang-he hit down on the front(lower)pipe and slid/bounced till he straighted it out. pizzed him off good.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] I am not too happy either having watched it all happen. dont know what to think. was he more aggressive than he should have been on somebodies else 'new bike'? or was it gonna touch done sooner or later, just was now with him on board? anyway, now the lower pipe has a big long scratch on the underside and my feelings are all scratched up too.[V]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Could be worse. I have been through 3 sets of rider floor boards. The feelers don't last but 1 or 2 good scrappings.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Be happy he was a good rider & kept it up, could have been a lot more damage to bike & rider.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ever the stock setup touches down if you get a bit to ambitious.
Fortunately the Pro-pipe has enough clearance with the stock footpegs in place.
I am concerned though that with the forward controls I will get no warning from a scraping peg and the pipe will touch down.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
the bike lends itself well to scraping, I believe mostly because it feels so stable at an aggressive lean that you forget there is a bunch of stuff down there in the way

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Be happy he was a good rider & kept it up, could have been a lot more damage to bike & rider.

thanx guys. I had told him to shrug it off. it was gonna happen sooner or later, just had to happen w/him on board, thatsall. He had gotten off the bike and was thru ridding it. I told him to get bak on it and finish our run. he is a good buddy and more portant than any ol bike. more of them in our futures.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Heyyyyyy Poncho...

haha...brings back memories of the Cisco Kid!!!

Try setting the pre-load to the stiffest side...if ya haven't already...that helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
my buddy goes through bikes like kleenex so i get to ride alot of different bikes. we traded today. i rode his sabre & it was real comfortable. there is an unspoken understanding between us (all of us)you break it, you fix it

·
Registered
731 Posts
Did you have the stock pipes on or something? You guys must REALLY be getting into these corners to be able to scrape the pipe! I have only touched the feelers once and never hit the pipe at all. Too crazy for me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by cerino2000

Did you have the stock pipes on or something? You guys must REALLY be getting into these corners to be able to scrape the pipe! I have only touched the feelers once and never hit the pipe at all. Too crazy for me.
No Sir, that stok CANnon was the first thing to go. I had just put on a new set of bub chambermaids with a host of other mods.
it was those brand new pipes that kissed the asphalt. must get some bigger whiskers for the foot pegs. got any ideas?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Boy, the more posts I read on aftermarket pipes, the more I want to keep my howitzer on the bike. I haven't scraped it yet, even though I have killed the pegs. This sucks.

Johnny

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ripe, I dont think the pipes are the problem...lowering the rear is what did it. killed/reduced the ground clearance b4 something was gona hit down. I imagine lowering the front will exentuate this problemo further...not in the cards for me. Cornering is still acceptable, I just need to find where the limits are b4 getting aggressive w/the bike...no surprises! I will dial up the preload and get some bigger whiskers. probably just use long(replaceable) screws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts