RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please recommend a tourque wrench brand? I have been looking for a good and reliable tourque wrench to work on my Warrior but the ones I've been looking at do not have very good reviews. Wanted to see/know what you guys were using. Please. And thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
I use an old USA made craftsman that has treated me good. Even had it tested a couple of years ago and well within range still.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I have a snap on 1/2" drive that i wouldn't take anything for. I have a CDI 3/8" drive that is a great torque wrench. I also have a 1/4" Harbor Freight torque wrench that works pretty good but i want to replace it with a better brand, just cause i'm not to sure of it's accuracy.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have a Husky 1/2"(good up to 20-250ft.lbs) and a Bulltools 3/8"( good for 10-100ft.lbs) that came with calibration certificate.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
My brother tests and certifies the torque wrenches at his job. He keeps telling me to give him my harbor freight wrenches to check. I figure a cheap torque wrench is better than none. I've been using HF inch pound wrench for tightening up billet rods in my minibike engines works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
For common work I've used a 1/2" Craftsman beam-type for decades, probably gone through three. This tool goes higher but I no longer use it much beyond 100ftlbs, I use a modern clicker for the bigger jobs and when there are lots of bolts in the assembly same torque. When I sometimes compare the Craftsman beam-type to snap-on clicker its still real close. I also now have three sizes of harbor freight clickers just because. I'm actually okay with them. They compare accurate enough and have not broken yet, I'm candidly surprised and pleased at the same time.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have two Performance Tool brand clickers. One in 3/8 and one in 1/2. They have nice rotomolded cases. I've had them for years, I think PT used to be a good brand, but I think the new stuff is about harbor freight quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone please recommend a tourque wrench brand? I have been looking for a good and reliable tourque wrench to work on my Warrior but the ones I've been looking at do not have very good reviews. Wanted to see/know what you guys were using. Please. And thank you in advance!
Snap On
I have been using one for 10 years

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
craftman is what I have. if I ever need to replace will probably go digital but my clicker has never failed me. using this one about 4 years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts