RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Yamaha to check on recalls. They told me of the TPS recall and to schedule with my local dealer.

I usually don't deal with the dealer working on my bike.

So my questions is, what should I ask the dealer to do other than the TPS recall? Are there any mods or adjustments that can be done at the same time so the labor would be covered by the recall?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i took my warrior for the tps recall to a dealer that i've not dealt with before as they are a faily new yamaha dealer, mainly honda's and etc. i asked the service manager if he could do a couple of adjustments for me. one being the shift lever position and the adjust the clutch. both were done for me at no charge. i will be doing business with them again!
btw- the new tps made a huge difference in performance. i thought they might have changed plugs or something. was told it was the new tps.
i think most will do adjustments for you for free but i don't think you could get away with any mods. i think they only get a hour or so for the replacement

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
When my dealer did my recall I ask if he could a TB sync but he said it didnt need to be done, I have a good set up to do that anyway.Other than that Im not sure of anything else that can be done.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I was extrememly stressed on Tuesday when my bike went in. I made sure the TPS was in stock and I told them they wouldn't be able to keep it overnight but I would leave it with them for the day. It came back perfect, no change in performance that I can notice but they didn't tear it up either.

WHEW....what a relief. They were impressed when I rode up, everyone came out to look and the mechanic that worked on it commented "nice warrior" I said, "Thanks, I've done a couple of mods"

I also made sure the tank was on reserve...so that the upper tank would be empty and easy to handle....less likely to be mishandled and scratched. My wife told me I have more concern for the bike than the kids....not true, close but not exactly.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Just remember if you have a PC111 that re-syncing it to the TPS is not included in the Recall. The Dealers more than likely do not even know about it or how to do it. There have been several excellent recent posts here on RSW how it should be done. Just take them a copy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts