RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know about this, a friend of mine send me this but i dont know if the warrior is include in this recall !!!!

Yamaha Recalls Motorcycles for Improperly Designed Throttle Position Sensor
Yamaha has recalled 2005 FJR1300, 2005 FZS600, 2005 XV1700, 2005 YZF-R1, 2004 FJR1300, 2004 FZS600, 2004 XV1700, 2004 YZF-R1, 2003 FJR1300, 2003 XV1700, and 2002 XV1700 models. On certain motorcycles, an improperly designed throttle position sensor could cause an intermittently unstable idle when the engine is at idling speed when the motorcycle is stopped or during low-speed operations. The engine could stall as a result. If the engine stalls after the operator disengages the clutch in a low gear while riding, the rear tire might slip momentarily if the operator abruptly re-engages the clutch. 39,000 motorcycles are affected.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Scorpion no i have not heard about the recall yet however we have been working or asses of to get i a recall matter.
Please give us more info and most certainly where is this info coming from???

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
JD - Actually, this is for the *Throttle* position sensor...NOT the CPS.

Sigh...I guess I'll call Yamaha and find out what the **** is going on now...

Chris.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Might explain the stalling I get when I first head out. Will let it idle for a bit to warm up but never fails unless I keep the RPMs up at the first stop light it will die after I engage the clutch to slow down at about 5mph.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM YAMAHA (Just got off the phone with them):

THIS RECALL AFFECTS *EVERY* ROADSTAR WARRIOR ON THE ROAD, EVERY MODEL YEAR, EVERY STYLE (MIDNIGHT, REGULAR).

NHTSA HAS ANNOUNCED IT, BUT YAMAHA WILL NOT ANNOUNCE IT UNTIL LATER THIS WEEK...THEN THE DEALERS WILL SEND OUT LETTERS AND MAKE APPTS.

THE DEALERS WILL BE REPLACING THE TPS FOR FREE, AS EVERY TPS FROM 2002-2006 HAS BEEN DEEMED FAULTY BY THE NHTSA....THIS IS PROBABLY WHY CERTAIN BIKES HAVE THE ISSUE OF DYING WHEN COLD...THOUGH THE REP SAID THAT NO WARRIORS WERE LISTED AS EXHIBITING THE PROBLEM.

DO NOT CALL YAMAHA...I got this information from Yamaha/Star directly and I was asked to communicate it to you all here...so you don't flood them with calls.

QUESTION: How much work is involved? I would rather do this myself than let my Stealer touch my bike again....even if it is free....

Anyway, those of you in large metro areas had better book your appt soon...or you will wind up waiting around like many did for the trans recall...but remember that the dealers wont' know about this until October 11th (approx) so if they say "There is no recall" tell them to call Yamaha and give them the NHTSA ID number here: 06V371000

Best.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I love how this is getting fixed for every warrior on the road...yet we can't get Yammi to recall the freaking CPS....

Yes, the symptoms are consistant with the off idle lunge/dying problem...so it may be that. But in many cases, we traced that to an improperly calibrated idle adjustment....

Either way, we get a better (hopefully) part for free...I may just ask for the part and keep it around until the one I am riding on dies...I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
If parabellum talked to yam and they are 02-06's i think that web site needs to be updated because it only says 02-05's, but i think i will trust parabellum since he did talk to yamaha directly. Now i will wait paciently until i get a letter in the mail..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
"If parabellum talked to yam and they are 02-06's i think that web site needs to be updated because it only says 02-05's, but i think i will trust parabellum since he did talk to yamaha directly. Now i will wait paciently until i get a letter in the mail.."

The guy I spoke to, said "all model years of the Warrior in production are affected". It is possible that for some reason...maybe the 06-07 models are not affected...but I doubt it.

Also, there is a very small chance he was misinformed...but I doubt it. I had to wait for 15 minutes on hold while he got all the info together and then he told me the above statement.

I sincerely hope it does not include the 06 models...save many members here a little trouble...I guess you guys will just have to wait and call your dealer later on this week...or wait for the letter.

For me, the weather is getting cold around here...so I want to get this taken care of asap before I have to store my bike for the winter.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well, maybe that is why I have been having all this trouble with the idle and the spittin and sputterin lately... I thought I fixed it but the last couple times I rode her, she been acting up worse. Hopefully it will be the end of it, because I dont know what else it could be, no codes, and I have checked every wire, hose connection on the bike mre than twice. I know it can't be machinical, as it would be all the time, this tends to fix itself every once in a while.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts