RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I've actually had the rear wheel lock and the engine stall when selecting a low gear a couple of times. The first time it did it in 2005 i skidded about 3 metres. I contacted the dealer to double check that they had really done the transmission recall and that it was not the transmission locking causing the wheel to lock. They assured me that it had definetly been done. So i asked if they could check with yamaha to see if there was any other problems that would cause the rear wheel to lock , the replied no. So i said to them that i was worried that if this happened at speed it could cause an accident. I told them to take record of my incident and that i would hold them responsible if it happened again. I will contact my dealer tomorrow and yamaha and see what they've got to say. Thanks for the information scorpionwarrior. ........Frec.....U.K...

·
Registered
31 Posts
i surely hope it is for the 06's iv just learned to live with mine and make sure i let it run for a little bit after sitting, or it will stall, and make all kinds of racket..
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Remember that the dealers have not been notified about this yet (just verified with my dealer who had NO clue)...so until the dealers are notified by Yami corporate with what parts, details, etc....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum

Remember that the dealers have not been notified about this yet (just verified with my dealer who had NO clue)...so until the dealers are notified by Yami corporate with what parts, details, etc....

Called my dealer - he had no clue about it so he called Yamaha. They said that the announcement was premature but they have had so many calls about it that they decided TODAY to recall it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
NHTSA Campaign ID: 06V371000
Component: Vehicle Speed Control
Manufacturer: Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

Year:
2005 Make:
Yamaha Model:
XV1700 Recall Date:
09/27/2006
Potential Number of Units Affected: 39000
Manufactured:
Defect Summary: On certain motorcycles, an improperly designed throttle position sensor could cause an intermittently unstable idle when the engine is at idling speed when the motorcycle is stopped or during low-speed operations. The engine could stall as a result. Consequence Summary: If the engine stalls after the operator disengages the clutch in a low gear while riding, the rear tire might slip momentarily if the operator abruptly re-engages the clutch. This could result in a crash with injury or death. Corrective Summary: Dealers will replace the throttle position sensor free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on October 11, 2006. Owners may contact Yamaha at 1-888-88-yamaha.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I did have a TPS failure recently, replaced under extended warranty. Bike runs better and gets better mileage too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just went to my Yammi stealer and my 05 that I purchased in December of 04 didn't fall under the recall. Apparently there is a window where they had a bad batch of them.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Sweet, more free new parts for my 02. I love recalls. Keep em coming. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Of course I've had my bike for over 4 years now and I have a geat dealership, so there are now worries there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Duh, does this cause a problem with our PCIII's[?] If we get this new TPS, will we have to reset the throttle on it[?] Will there be a problem with our wiring harness[?] Hope some of our tech wizards chime in on this[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][|)]

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
when they replaced my TPS, they synchronized the throttle bodies as part of the repair. The only thing you might want to check on the pcIII is your open and closed throttle position. No prob with the wiring harness. Oh, and I got a new set of spark plugs for free too!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There remain only one question are there anny mods whe can inport for free with the recall???
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Advantage of good Dealers, Called mine. He hasnt heard of anything but said with the ID# 06V371000 that are fine members posted he will go ahead and set me up for this week, and worry about the paper work later.To qoute him directly "will foot the bill, whether Yammi recalls or not, to make his clients happy". Now if Yamaha will say my '02 should have came with Turbo.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yeah, my dealer told me he would call me once he got the official paperwork and was ready to start...too bad I don't live in TN...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum

OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM YAMAHA (Just got off the phone with them):

QUESTION: How much work is involved? I would rather do this myself than let my Stealer touch my bike again....even if it is free....

Thats what I'm Screaming

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I just got off the phone with yamaha, and it does not include the 06's only the 02-05's. They 06's have the new parts on the bike already.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Oh...that is good news...though it bothers me that the Yamaha rep I talked to said "All warriors in production".

Ever get the feeling that Yamaha isn't always playing with a full deck? Sometimes its like talking to that Aunt who has alzhimers and can't remember your name...

21 - 40 of 260 Posts