RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to trade in there bike since the recall? I'm not the kind of guy that will "trade" something if for the fact that dealers don't give you crap for anything.
But this weekend I was really thinking of getting rid of this bike. The whole recall thing and the way Yamaha is treating this. I tired to ride it but just kept thinking of the tranny locking. I have no idea what I would get yet but it's a real thought.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried yet?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I was thinking of trading my '02 for an '04, but was just fishing around, thought I'd ask the question, so I called the GM of our dealership.

My bike + roughly $4,000 for an '04 is what they came back with. Blue Book/NADA gives $8,500 for my bike, I of course pay the difference. Being that time of year I am preparing to stroke Uncle Sam his annual check (on April 15), I don't have an extra $4K I am willing to shell out for an '04.

Nah......... I am #1 on the fix list at the dealer. I'll hang.

This should be over and behind many of us and me personally within in a few weeks. - Jim

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
have too much into my '02 and am looking forward to the added HP upgrades with the recall to even consider trading in. Have put on over 1000 miles since the recall letter came out. Don't really think about it anymore.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
R/R - would you quit the "I'm going riding" posts? You know it's driving me nuts!

(just kidding. too funny).

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
hahaha jimb, sorry 'bout that. It's supposed to rain this weekend, but I'm going riding anyway. Temperature's supposed to be mid-60's to low-70's all week. Don't worry, you can rub it in on me when you're in the middle of riding season and mine's stuck in the garage waiting for the pavement to stop boiling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kaw/Yammi dealer offered me $7,800 for my 02 Warrior against a Vulcan 2K & they would take it in & do the tranny fix. Very tempted, sat on & fired up the 2K, THIS A FINE LOOKIN MACHINE.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You'll be sorry with a Kawi. I owned a Kawi cruiser before. They have zero horsepower and nada on resale value. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
R/R - lemme know when the pavement's burning and I'll rub it in before I fire mine up. Enjoy your ride this weekend and be safe out there. - Jim

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
thanks brother.....rode today, got wet, gonna ride tomorrow, prolly gonna get wet again. The temperature's just so very nice.

Hehehe

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
ahh, the sun was out today, was burning rubber and scraping pegs. The legends forward controls are developing that beveled edge custom look.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Don't do it Bo, you'll regret it later."

I know I would but this recall is starting to get to me!!!!! There is so much I want to do to the bike but don't want to waste my time if I can't drive it. Just pissed at Yamaha right now. Want a bike I can ride!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was offered 6500.00 for my 02....Just couldn't do it. I have not seen my bike since january 4th ...paying for nothing right now.what a pisser !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I was also offered only 6500. I guess I am not ready to take a 5300 loss against the payoff what a pisser. I am ready to get ride of it but not for that kind of loss.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts