RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the fence on getting a Harley Street Glide for a while now. Found a deal today I couldn't pass up. If I could have kept both I would have, but sadly the Warrior had to be paid off and traded to get this....2009 Harley Street Glide with some upgrades. Instantly fell in love with it on the test drive. Will miss the good times with the Warrior, but this will suit my needs better. Loving it so far. Thank you everyone here for all the help over the years. Great community here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Nice addition........why the trade? I am currently looking for a long distance cruiser (on a budget) but plan on keeping the Warrior.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice addition........why the trade? I am currently looking for a long distance cruiser (on a budget) but plan on keeping the Warrior.
Just financed the warrior 14 months ago. I couldn't swing two payments on two bikes right now.

Wondering if this was such a good idea. Less than 24 hours if owning this bike it stranded me on the side of the road tonight. 4 times within an 1/8 mile the throttle went out completely where I had to coast off the road. Dealer says they think the throttle by wire went out. Had to get a buddy come trailer it home and have to bring it back in the morning for them to check it out.

6 years of owning the warrior and never a problem like this. 😯

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,874 Posts
Ask them to check all wires in the box behind the stock air cleaner location, and also check all wires at the steering neck for kinks. These are known issues dating back to first by-wire models. I hear there is a test to help diagnose but I have not heard if it can be used for all models or all years.

Most Harley forums have an overload of information so your shop should already know the nitty gritty.

But this seems to be fixable and should not make you doubt the bike. Based on what you posted, I would doubt the seller because they seemingly would have known this bike had the issue when they sold it to you. But that is just me.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
The newer the toy the more electronic gizmos they have. It is no longer just fire, air & fuel. I guess have some patience but make sure they compensate you somehow for time, trouble and any money you might have had to lay out but make sure they know and it is written down somewhere.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found all the check engine codes it was throwing, dropped it off at the service department and made them aware. They said no way would I have to pay out of pocket for whatever is wrong since I just bought it Monday. Even though I signed the "as is" no warranty agreement they are going to make it right.

Saw my Warrior sitting in the detail bay. Almost shed a tear.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
I have a 2013 Road Glide custom and you definitely will be doing more to that Harley than you ever had to do on the Warrior. I'm like Christo, i have both bikes and my Warrior is bullet proof. I have 22,000 miles on my RG and already have to change out the inner primary bearing and bearing race, not to expensive doing it myself, but just something else to have to do to it. I still like having the RG for a long distance runner though. If i had to pay HD to fix everything, i would sell it.:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Guys, this is another, often overlooked, quality of the RSW (to include the Road Star line in general)and that is RELIABILITY. Granted in warriorb's case stuff does indeed happen and the dealer is taking care of him, but the Bar and Shields rides along with Ducati's are much more maintenance intensive. It does not make them a bad choice, but for ME its enough to keep me away from the brand. I hope this all works out for our brother "warriorb". Thanks for listening and Ride Safe!!
Rg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had my own M/C service & repair shop from '08-'012. H/D's kept me in business.
I was riding my '00 RoadStar HotRod (still riding that one...along with an '02 Warrior & '06 Strat.)
In my opinion,the RoadStar platform ( in all it's variances) is absolutely one of the very best engineered & executed scooter families anywhere, any time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts