RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I too had considered purchasing a "changer" myself. But after a little research I heard alot of people compaining that they didn't work. That was a while back and technology may have changed since then. Sometimes you can see the light mat in the turn lanes. I usually pull up to the lightand stop on the inside edge of it. But if the light still doesn'tchange I usually just run it. Hope that helped!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
From what I read - they're just magnets. That being the case, I installed a large, rare-earth magnet to the bottom of the frame of my sport bike. I picked up a nail and a paper clip - but had not effect on changing my problematic lights. I don't think they work IMHO...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
RhatPhlegm said:
I installed a large, rare-earth magnet to the bottom of the frame of my sport bike. I picked up a nail and a paper clip

sorry for jumpimg in on another tack for a moment guys - that there info is good info as here in london uk - we do a lot of 'feeding' past cages at traffic islands and most of the road debris, nails etc off trucks, come to rest just on that outside pre-island dirty strip [that councils can neverbe botheredto clean!] - on my 'other-bike' with bridgestones 020's i collected too many nails in the rear for my liking on those strips, [especially when under 500 miles on it] and worked out because it was so low speed, itmust bethe front tyre kicking up the nails 'pointy end' just in time for the rear to catch it! - i'd thought of this idea of a 'big magnet' under the frame to catch stuff thrown up by the front tyre before the rear collected it! - especially if it was on the way up to the magnet and you seem to be proving it might just work!

so sir phlegm.. can you sayeth kindlyhow big that there rare earth magnet was, as i'd like to try that out on the other-bike first - can you say howclose it was to the road approx inches?

ok i'm returning to the thread.... thought the lights in uk worked on weight now i'm wondering?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts