RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering about yamaha warranty on the recall.If a dealer does a recall on the warrior's trans and your modifing the motor at the same time the recall is being done and lets say the trans breaks a week later who pays? and are they going to give a warranty on the recall? i'm pissed over the recall i don't want my motor torn down if someone makes a mistake on the motor or trans while it being worked on and my motor or trans blows a week or month later who pays i,m in the northeast so it's not like i can ride it now so if they do give any warranty with the recall my warrior is going to sit til spring.I don't have any warranty left on my bike so lets say i don't do any mods while it's in for the recall and something happens who's responsable for the repair bill if something blows later?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm hope someone has some answers because yamaha don't seem to think it's souch big deal but i'm pissed

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Here is a post I made on the big "Transmission Recall?" topic about a half hour before this topic was created:

"If this has already been mentioned, excuse me, but I'm not looking thru 25 pages of posts for it. Anyway, looks like many are gonna wait awhile to get the tranny recall done. If you're gonna wait, then wait till next March or April ('05) or thereabouts. Reason is, if it only has a 90 day warranty, you need to be able to do some riding to make sure it was done right. If you get it done next November, you won't know untill it's too late. This really only pertains to those who have a real winter."

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now i'm scared i call my dealer and spoke to the service manager and i asked about the recall questions and my concerns about pulling the motor and tairing the motor apart and his answer was "you don't have to take the motor apart to do the recall it's only the trans you don't know what your talking about" so can you see why i'm scared we all know the trans is the motor.i can see we're off to a bad start already.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
We have a very good dealer up here. I was just told a piston swap would be no problem, very little cost!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't think yamaha should get off so easy they should offer us something more it's not bad enough we have to wait forever ( a year )for yamaha accessories for the warrior how about a discount on an 04 warrior or something like that, or trade up, or discounts on parts.then again what do i know ( according to my service manager i don't know what i'm talking about right, "f**k him".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't think yamaha should get off so easy they should offer us something more it's not bad enough we have to wait forever ( a year )for yamaha accessories for the warrior how about a discount on an 04 warrior or something like that, or trade up, or discounts on parts.then again what do i know ( according to my service manager i don't know what i'm talking about right, "f**k him".

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well I hope the people at the Yamaha dealer know more about the bike than I do. So I am just going to let them do what they are trained to do.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good comment on thos eliving in Witner Wonderland. I'm in forzen Northern NJ and didn't think about the 90 limit on warrentee. THANK YOU! I'll now be waiting until April. And hey, that only gives me more time to think up mods...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just got off the phone with Yamaha customer service about an unrelated problem, and before I hung up, I asked about the recall and of rumors that there would only be a 90 day warantee. He told me that they are having a meeting this afternoon about that very topic. He said he would let me know what comes out of the meeting. Apparently there have been many calls and letters about the warantee and how 90 days is not sufficient considering the amount of work being done and how far our motors will be torn down. Keep the calls and letters going out. If nothing else, lets get more warantee out of them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just made an appointment with my dealer and they stated it would take about a week or so to get the part in the first place. They also stated that the mechanic was all set to take care of it. Looking at the schematics for the recall I don't think they will have to pull the motor all the way down. Maybe th drawings are misleading but I will investigate further. As far as the 90 days, I don't know yet. I am sure that since I spent the extra 595 bones to get the extended warranty they will be covering up until that time. But with you guys that don't have it I would think Yamaha will extend that time frame, especially since many of us live in areas that can't be riden during this time. Now I have a question, do you take the chance and keep riding or do we take Yamaha's advice and put the horse in the stable until we get the Recall work done????? Tough decision!!!!!! Good luck to all and I will post when my work gets done, hopefully in the next week or so!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally someone agrees with me about getting more out of yamaha. how about posting the phone # for yamaha customer service, and your right lets get more out of them first and then worry about adding mods to the recall beleave me i want to do some mods to but first thing first and if we all stick together on this maybe we can get it done it's not like there's only a couple people conplaining here there's afew thousand

1 - 16 of 16 Posts