RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change the oil in my transfer case and I wanted to make sure that I have the correct oil.

The dealer gave me Yamalube 80W-90 API Service GL-4 GL-5, Shaft Drive Gear Oil.

I was told that I needed 80W-90 Hypoid gear oil for the Transfer case, but it does not mention Hypoid anywhare on the container. Is this the correct oil?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Yeah, you're good. Next time you may want to go with either AMSOIL, or Redline. Both of these companies make superior products for less money than Yamalube IMO.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You know if you go to any auto parts store they will have what you need as well. Vavolene, Mobil 1, Castrol, etc. They all come in synthetic versions to the specs that the Warrior hungers for. I use Vavolene 75W-90 GL5 Syn Gear Oil. You will save a few cents, also. Everyone has their favorite, and that is good. Really, any of the oils mentioned in this thread will be just fine and some others too. Just meet the specs...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
There is nothing magical about the warriors tranny chain and sprockets and gears...so no magical gear oil is needed either. 75w-90 by any approved MFG is what you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts