RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my transfer case oil yesterday and thought I would ppost a couple of small things that I am sure have already been addressed but I figure I would put it out there again for the new guys like myself. Remove the rightside foot controls first. I'm a dumbazz and didn't thought I would loosen the header and let it hang and I would be able to get to the transfer case fill hole. Wrong I ended up taking it off after I scratched my header. I used a round spark plug gaper to remove the fill hole plug it worked perfect. I also drained the transfer case oil into a small water bottle marked it where the old gear oil filled it up to. Cleaned to bottle thoroughly and refilled it to the line with the new gear oil. I leaned the bike over and had my son pour in the fresh gear oil from the bottle. Worked great very little mess. Now for my dumbazz mistake scratching the header. It was pretty nasty VERY noticable so I painted it with several light coats of Rust-Oleum Satin, classic low sheen finish. Darn near perfect match. The scratches are not noticable even in the bright sun. Hopefully this will hold up until I replace my exhaust. Which I am thinking of going with the Samson short slashers so if I want to use a baffle I can. Well there it is I hope this keeps another newbie from making the same mistakes I made. Thanks goes out to ArizonaWarrior and mentalcase for putting me onto the service manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear ya man, I wish Yami came up w/ a better way of changing the oil than dropping the forwd/controls and the wxhaust. Good thing is that once it's done you can ride a long time before it's done again

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear ya man, I wish Yami came up w/ a better way of changing the oil than dropping the forwd/controls and the wxhaust. Good thing is that once it's done you can ride a long time before it's done again

·
Registered
406 Posts
Spark plug gapper...very good idea. I had used a 50 cent piece before and that worked well...but that seems to have disappeared (I think the wife spent it). Thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts