RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
easy way to change transfer case oil no mess toke about 15 min. remove large plug at top and 12 mm drain plug at bottom of transfer case measured 425 ml that came out so 425 ml new gear oil went back in did not need to remove check hole bolt measured exact amount in a measuring cup to get exact amount made a drain spout from a cut out piece of milk carton and taped it to the bottom of transfer case and sit on bike and lean over to right side to get all old oil out . and funnel new oil in done...90 deg screw driver removed the fill plug no problem with out removing exhaust ... winter service all done ready for storage..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
easy way to change transfer case oil no mess toke about 15 min. remove large plug at top and 12 mm drain plug at bottom of transfer case measured 425 ml that came out so 425 ml new gear oil went back in did not need to remove check hole bolt measured exact amount in a measuring cup to get exact amount made a drain spout from a cut out piece of milk carton and taped it to the bottom of transfer case and funnel new oil in done...90 deg screw driver removed the fill plug no problem with out removing exhaust ... winter service all done ready for storage..
Thanks, nice info. I'd rather not have to remove my pipes again. PITA! Nice garage you have there. Big screen TV even.:)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice write up man..
How often does transfer case oil need to be changed ??Im at 16k miles bought it with 11k

idk if the po did it or not..

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you realize you overfilled your transfer case by 30 ml (1 oz) ;)

btw ... nice garage
the yamaha book calls for 400ml but i put back exactly what came out 425 ml cause i measured it minus the little bit that was left stuck to the funnel it is very thick and sticky bang on....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice write up man..
How often does transfer case oil need to be changed ??Im at 16k miles bought it with 11k

idk if the po did it or not..

Thanks
the yamaha book says every 16k miles or 25k km so it sounds like you are due mine has 20k km on it now but i may do with each oil change from now on where it is so simple to do ..

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
easy way to change transfer case oil no mess toke about 15 min. remove large plug at top and 12 mm drain plug at bottom of transfer case measured 425 ml that came out so 425 ml new gear oil went back in did not need to remove check hole bolt measured exact amount in a measuring cup to get exact amount made a drain spout from a cut out piece of milk carton and taped it to the bottom of transfer case and sit on bike and lean over to right side to get all old oil out . and funnel new oil in done...90 deg screw driver removed the fill plug no problem with out removing exhaust ... winter service all done ready for storage..
Good idea but can't help to mention, that's one clean-arse garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts