RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my bike in Monday for the transmission recall. I was wanting to put high compression pistons and high lift cams in. The dealership claims Yamaha will only let them put back together as stock. Has anyone else heard anything contrary to that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There is no recall on Warrior Transmission. OH maybe there is !Just saw the posts. Sure hope this is wrong. Not us. S$%^.[xx(][B)][V]

·
Registered
83 Posts
YES, there will be a recall on the warrior transmissions.Should be something posted on the Yamaha website this week. Something to do with clearance of a bushing or something. Supposably it can lock up when downshifting. Sources also state parts may not be readily available everywhere in the begining.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was looking around in web in regard to the recall and found this:

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

Models: Yamaha Road Star Warrior Year: 2002

Yamaha XV1700PC Year: 2002

Yamaha XV1700P Year: 2002

Number Involved: 5,541

Dates of Manufacture: November 2001 – April 2002

Defect: On certain motorcycles, the fuel tank bracket washer and damper do not adequately protect the tank from engine vibration. Over a period of time, vibration might damage the tank, which could result in a fuel leak with the possibility of fire.

Remedy: Dealers will replace the fuel tank bracket washer and damper with ones of a new type.

The manufacturer has reported that owner notification is expected to begin during August 2002. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Yamaha at 1-800-88-YAMAHA (1-800-889-2624). [NHTSA Recall No. 02V181]

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok here is the scoop there should be a release on the yamaha web site in the next few days. there is a recall but it will be only a trans shaft and one gear, now the good news the parts will be ready in the middle to the end of feb, in limited supply. as far as installing performance parts while it's apart the dealer should do whatever you want unless they are not capable of doing it right, in that case i would find a better dealer to work on my bike. i hope this helps alittle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts