RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever done some transparent black powder coat over there chrome pieces?? I have been toying with the idea of doing that with my big shots, valve covers, pushrod tubes, and oil lines. I have seen pictures and photoshops of matte and gloss black on these parts... Just wondering if anyone has gone the black chrome look. I could put a pic up of my bike to see if anyone can photochop that, but my digital camera kind of sucks. If anyone has gone this route I would really like to see it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
It would look good but I cant imagine it would stick well. Any debris (sand, rocks) would eat the coating off due to the fine chrome finish not having a roughed surface. Now they may be able to Anodize, that way it would adhere to the surface better. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've found acompany here in Dallas thathave Impact Resistant clearcoats which have the ability to self heal, is fire retardant, remains crystal clear, and can be buffed [link to http://apexcoatings.com]. The clearcoats can be applied to just about any substrate including Chrome, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Glass, Polyethylene, and Polycarbonate. Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
These clearcoats are being used on luxury cars/planes/boats and everything I've seen coated have a permanent wetlook to them. On my spare time, I'm helping them withmarketing theclearcoats to the average paint shopand we've applied to my friends Jeep, bike and cars. I'll be applying them to my bike on the next tear down.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Next tear down? What else do you have planned...

I am about to have my tin's painted so i would consider this clearcoat and if its good possibly my lexus as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
For the next few mods, I'mfinalizing on the artwork for thetins,then a custom grill,sissy bar, and backrest...
Also,attached is a link to the latest marketing efforts for the impact resistant coating. All products are manufactured by APEX Coatings. Let me knowwhen you're ready...
http://k-armor.com/

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you know where he got it done and how much it ran him? I would be interested in getting everything in black chrome that would be sick!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black chrome is what I really want to do. But I am sure it would be alot more expensive then my route also. I get a good deal at the local powder coater because I send him customers all the time. (work at a tire and wheel shop). Maybe even go that route on the wheels to only polish them out then powder them. Do not know have a long winter to figure it out. Just looking for anyone with expierence in doing it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would be willing to powercoat my Mortons and several other parts in black chrome if there is someone who has experience doing it & the price is decent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
when i asked my powder coater about pipes. he said (heat puts it on and heat takes it off) he said that ceramic coating is the way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts