RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4623 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all you guys, hibernating? Seems like forever since I've seen some of you around....here and in person. We need to plan a get-together one weekend...family cookout or something...?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I know man seems like we lost touch over the colder months. We really need to get the gang back together.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's supposed to be between 70 and 80* this weekend. You hibernating bears gonna break out the Warriors?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I'm up for a ride. I need to burn the rest of my 210 off so I can get a fresh one before the April trip to Deal's Gap.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I wil be moving this weekend but will try to sneak a ride in. Hopefully the weekends will be getting better and we can do this more often.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Depends on when you're riding. I have a prior event planned with my son and his Cub Scout troop on Saturday.

Has anyone seen or heard from Dwight? I haven't seen him posting up here lately and Magnastar is still trying to collect money for the Dragon Shirts they had made. Is he alright?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last I heard, he had PC problems, and wasn't able to access the net on a regular basis. I guess I should call him.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Let us know how he's doing when you call him, Heath. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
John:

You moving down here or just moving elsewhere in Wil?

Heath..
Yeah.. be sure to let us know how that peckerhead is doing...

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nobody has suggested a time/place yet. I hear that Michael's in Chapel Hill is a very popular bike hangout on weekends, and a very good starting out point for rides. I've been told there are some very nice, twisty country roads from Chapel Hill to Asheboro...the sportbike guys love them. Suggestions?

quote:Originally posted by goneriding

guys, i live just north of greensboro. when and where are you going to ride? have not meet anyone form the forum yet.

The bike crowds show up at Michael's on Sunday mornings around 9:00...when they open.

http://maps.citysearch.com/location/6156170?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Guys, Talked to Dwight tonite he is still alive and kicking. Waiting for the Dragon next month. He gave me his cell if you gutys want it pm me and i will let you have it.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I tried to ride with my friend Scott today. I has a trike that I've posted pictures of before. I got some new pictures today that I'll post later. We were going to ride to a wheel shop in downtown Raleigh and also to the Hardley dealership, but we got about 3-4 miles from my house and his trike started losing power and smoking. It's OLD SKEWL stuff. He had to open it up once he got to my house to adjust the clutch, the brake lights weren't working, and his chain was loose. I followed him home to make sure he made it ok, and just once I blew past him at full throttle on Capital Blvd to show off my bike to him. When we made it to his house he told me he's gonna buy a bike (not trike) before the summer is out because he's sick of his trike not being dependable. He also told me he REALLY liked my bike... Hmmm... Let's see what happens. Anyway, I'm up for a ride tomorrow. I'm thinking of making a day trip to Swansboro, NC in the not-too-distant future. My mom grew up there and my grandmother had a house out there they converted into a restaraunt. It's right on hwy 24 within view of the ocean. About a 3.5 hour ride from here if you take the back roads. Probabaly too much of a trip to make at short notice, but I'm going sometime this summer. Would be cool if some of y'all could go with me. Heath, let me know what you have im mind tomorrow and maybe I'll take a ride with you.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swansboro would be cool in the future sometime. As for tomorrow...I'm unsure if I am going on a "ride" out in the country somewhere or just around town. Traffic around town today was horrendous, and there were wrecks everywhere. My spidey-sense is telling me to stay out of Raleigh. But I'd kinda like to ride down to the fairgrounds and walk around the flea-market in the morning. I haven't been there in a while. I still want to head over to Chapel Hill one Sunday morning and check out the bikes at Michaels.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I'm up. I'll run over to Chapel Hill with you this morning if you want. Give me a call if you're up for that ride. Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow...I went to bed early AND overslept. All that yard work must have worn me out! ( I'm old and pathetic). Let's go to Chapel Hill...what the heck.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So how was the trip to Michaels? Man I hate having a tire give up when the weather is this nce! Now I get to wait several days for UPS!

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
It was nice. I posted in the general bike talk forum a link to a bunch of pictures I took of it. Definitely worth the trip. Unfortunately I feel like hammered sh!t right about now. I could tell I was coming down with something this morning. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I got home. Achy joints, fever, cough, sore throat, all that crap. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhh........ I'm not good at being sick. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hey, lets get back to the Swansboro thing. I used to live there when I was at Camp Lejeune. Keep me updated and I'll try to make it. A little long for a day trip for me but I could alwayd get a trailer and go a day early.

1 - 20 of 4623 Posts