RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4623 Posts

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Yeah, that's how my mom met my dad. He was in the Marines stationed at Camp Lejeune and my mom lived with her mom in Swansboro, just next door. My mom and dad were both out driving one day when they stopped in traffic side-by-side and caught each other's eye. Next thing they knew they had a little boy on a bike with baseball cards clothes-pinned to the front forks to make a motorcycle-like sound. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Keep an eye on this part of the forum and I'll do my best to remember to post something here before I make that trip. I'm hoping a friend of mine from Virginia (Katana rider) will be able to make the trip with me.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hey I got on the net today Call me with ride plans (919-389-4705) Should get new computer by the 24th. Can't always use customers computers soo call me![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Garnerwarrior, your wife emailed me today and told me about your technical difficulties with the computer...I can't tell you again how much I enjoyed riding the back road with you, your wife and your son from the bike rally last May..I'll be there again this year, so if I don't get a chance to ride with you before then, I will hope to see you there. I was reading this thread and hope to get hooked up some Sunday for a ride with a group of riders...unless of course this is a tight group and no room for new comers...jk...anyway, I will keep my eyes up for rides when the weather cooperates....looking forward to riding with some of the warrior riders...i am loving my new ride!!! I got the Midnight Warrior and will make some mods as I am able to afford them...happy riding...how is your son doing with his R-6? The guy I rode with last year still loves riding his R-1, but I like the cruiser model much better for me....Martha [8D]

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tight group? That's almost funny. As soon as this crappy weather breaks, we're goingot have to do a group presence at Michaels in Chapel Hill.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Originally posted by Shag

It was nice. I posted in the general bike talk forum a link

Thanks for the reply to my message...I am having a hard time finding these different places to look for topics...can you walk me through to the place where the pics are of your ride ...I will plan on heading to Michael's one Sunday to hook up for a ride...I am hope that garnerwarrior will bring his wife riding too... so I won't be the only woman rider...what's up with that? [:0]

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
My wife might go along for the ride to Michaels. She went with me last time. Actually she's taking the motorcycle safety course next month and I'm hoping she'll enjoy it enough that she will want her own bike so she can go riding and not just as a passenger. She told me just yesterday though, that even if she gets a bike that she'll never want to go on a group ride. I think it's because she's just nervous about the idea of riding a motorcycle by herself, and that her attitude will change once she gets more comfortable on one. Here are the pictures from Michaels:
http://travis.is-a-geek.org/warrior.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the pics alot...man, there are alot of bikers that hang out there. I will keep an eye on the thread and hope to go some time when the weather warms a bit...I went on Sunday, but even with chaps and jacket and gloves...it was almost too chilly...the sun just wouldn't peek out to offer any help...not sure if this weekend will cooperate either...we will see. Again, thanks. I learned how to ride by taking the safety course...I've been riding for 5 years now....and absolutely love it!!! Maybe your wife will get over the nervous part and really come to enjoy riding solo.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Hey Travis, What the **** is Michaels? Chapel hill is a good little hump for me. You guys have to remember I'm 45 minutes or so East of you and most of the time ya'll want to ride West. Anyway, I heard it was supposed to be nice this weekend. Any of you planning on getting together Sunday for a ride? I've got a Pinewood Derby event with my son this Saturday and next Saturday but then the Scouts will be over til fall.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Last ime I looked, the forecast was calling for temps in the upper 40s, low 50s. Ya'll have fun!

Otherwise, I'd be up for a Sunday morning ride to Michaels. And JD, Chapel Hill is maybe 30 minutes from here on the highway....45 if you take the slow and curvy's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If it's sunny, above 55...I'm there...the weather forecasters miss it sometimes... I'm new at this but would love to hang with the Warrior crowd and someone who will take the lead as far as the destination and and meeting arrangements....I will keep checking if the plans come together for a ride this Sunday....I sure hope so...looking to get my break-in miles done...she is bored in the garage [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I might be up for a Sunday ride. Saturday from 1-5pm I'm taking the last part (the range part) of a CCW course so that day is "shot" for me. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Michael's is "Michael's Bar and Grill." Lots of bikers meet up Sunday mornings to hang out and check out each others' bikes.

·
Registered
324 Posts
my biggest question is what time should we meet to RIDE... that is the part I am totally interested in...I can come after the bikes get looked at vroom, vroom.....I'll have my new bub pipes on by Sunday...i hope that they aren't too freakin loud..I picked them out but am not really looking for the loudness, but more the look...anyone need my old water tank? should I keep it and if so what for???

·
Registered
324 Posts
you know,I went to his site and saw the mods...i thought you were kidding around....anyway, you know that is an excellent option....I have seen the srapes and hits people have taken to their bikes in curves and honestly...I don't even like to scrape the pegs...pretty stupid, I know, but I like to keep it all shiny and new with no scrapes....but the old pipe I tear off may be good for the dragon in June....the bub pipes are really low on the bike and man they could scrape pretty bad in a sharp curve.....April is too soon for me to take time off from work...thanks for the serious reply..

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Ok Guessssssssss What, The king of Peckerheads is Back and bigger and better than ever! Yes gokey your bubs are going to be loud, real loud, thats the beautiful thing about them. They are going to scrape the ground in hard turns too. Ok so who is going to Michaels this Sunday?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Oh my God did I read correctly The state of N.C. Is going to let Travis carry a concealed weapon? [:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0] Now will they let you have bullets? Will you carry the one bullet in your pocket Barney?[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] All hail Shag WEAPON MASTER![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Guess to be the man you just have to carry a bigger gun than the man! You my Gangsta !!!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Glad you're back Dwight. LEt's do some native weather dance and chase this cold weather away. I'd love to hit Micaels Sunday morning, but not bundled up in 38* weather.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Ditto[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Unless you are skiing cold weather SUCKS!

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I just say the forecast. They're calling for 56 Sunday. How's that for riding for you guys and gals? I persoanlly am okay if it's 50 or above. Someone actually told me earlier in the week that it was going to be in the 80's this weekend. What a cruel trick....

21 - 40 of 4623 Posts