RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 4623 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
maybe if we meet up in the early afternoon it won't be so bad....I had said 55 or above, but the thrill of riding is getting to me, so 50 or above and I am in as well....I may need some directions from Cary...I can look on Mapquest.....I sold my VStar like just before we had that awesome 80* weekend and was actually studying for a class and I was soooooo bummed I couldn't ride...but warmer days are coming and before long we will be complaining about the heat under the helmet....

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey gokey63, you need to post some pics of that bike in your gallery!

And the forecasted high of 56* looks ok, it justtakes several hours to get there from a low of 32* the night before. I guess a 9:30am meet at Michaels is out of the question.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I will get some shots on Saturday...a friend is helping me put the pipes on and he has a camera.....it looks just like a brand spankin new Midnight Warrior.....but I will keep track of each mod, so I can work on my gallery and bike info. when I have time....moving next weekend, so I am packing boxes at night...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Hey Dwight, good to see you back! Not sure if they're gonna let me carry a gun around or not. They haven't done the background check yet. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Where you moving to, gokey? I think I'll be up for a Sunday ride but I'm not positive. Looks like whatever kind of sinus/lung infection thing I got is trying to come back for round #3. I usually hardly *ever* get sick, but this stuff is kicking my butt. I should know for sure by Saturday sometime if I'll be able to get out some on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Boy you guys love to ride on Sunday and never down this way ,except Dwight, he did come down for Toys for Tots. The Southern NC guys feel a little left out here. If we could ride on a Saturday, maybe we could all get together.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 16SHY

Boy you guys love to ride on Sunday and never down this way ,except Dwight, he did come down for Toys for Tots. The Southern NC guys feel a little left out here. If we could ride on a Saturday, maybe we could all get together.

I second the Saturday ride.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'll be passing through Wilmington on Saturday, May the 20th...on my way home from Myrtle.

Oh, you meant like us coming down there for a ride? As soon as he weather gets better...and I find a way to carry a 10ft surfboard on my bike.......

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I'll let y'all know tomorrow morning if I can make it out. I qualified on the range today with two guns. My Glock and my Smith & Wesson. Got my certificate, now just need to apply for the permit on Monday and bribe a few public officials to make my background check appear to pass, and I'll be all set. WHOO HOO! I'm worn out from standing around outside all day in the drizzling rainy weather with 27 other rednecks shooting in the woods. Now it's beer/cheese/couch time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I rode today...got my new pipes installed and had to try them out...already got a scrape /emoticons/emotion-6.gif...oh well, I have to make the turn. What time? Where will we meet? I'm in...it was 48* and I got rained on, so I can handle 54*. How about 1:00PM? I am flexible, I just want to ride...got 260 miles on the bike and need to add some more... mileage sucks...how big is the tank? I am only going like 75 miles and it's time to fill up again....I thought it was a 4 gallon tank, but it only fills to 3 gallons? Ya'' let me know what time and where to meet. Glad you are going garnerwarrior....bring your wife, I look forward to riding with ya'll Martha /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I think the tank holds 3.8 gallons. Low fuel light comes on with anywhere from .5 to .8 in the tank. Which is usually around 100-115 miles for me.

As for tomorrow....I'll decide tomorrow...got lots to do around here that didn't get done today in the cold and rain.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hey Martha checked out the pic SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. and the bike looks good too.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Told you they scrape in the turns. Hey did you bump up the computer -bet you are runnin lean. Look foward too seeing everyone that can make it tommorow. Post up say by 11-12 and hopefully weather permitting we can meet up and ride, putting a big[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] on our faces.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yeah all you guys have fun. I will be down here riding solo. You all need to get down this way on a Saturday.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Okay, I'm in. My brother's coming this time too. 1 o'clock sounds good. Where at? I'm not overly familiar with street names or business's in Raleigh other than those I sometimes frequent. I'm coming in on 64W so make it somehwere obvious or give me good directions. I'll check back here a little before 12pm and see whats up.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
It's 42 out there right now. weather.com says 47 by 1pm. Looks nice outside. Where are y'all thinking about riding?

41 - 60 of 4623 Posts