RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I think I need a little help here as I`m stuck. I was searching for some photos of the tricky air + baron lowering links setup but have no luck to find it out.
I have a problem with clearance between cylinder tube and hex shaft / nut which are almost rubbing each other. Did I miss something? I check the manual from Baron and hex shaft orientation is OK. I know that a lot o people are using the lowing links to prevent air suspension from bottoming and as default I goes with this idea.

Can you share some advice as I believe the distance between hex shaft and air cylinder is too small for my taste.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I had the same problem. My solution and one I recommend is to use the stock links and contact tricky air ride and they will make you a spacer that attaches to the air ride cylinder that prevents tire contact at full drop. The spacer costs around $60 and they make it custom for the tire size you run. The spacer doesn't limit the travel distance. Best part is you can sell the adjustable links for more than what it costs for the spacer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you for your reply! I spoke with Tricky Air few minutes ago and its exactly as you described. I have to finish up the fender install the stock links and setup the clerance between fender and tyre I want, than measure the piece of piston which is out of cylinder. Then i will order the exact spacer ? simply as that ?

Thanks!
Marcin.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Awesome, take some pics when your all done. That spacer has saved my butt 2 times already due to a leaking fitting I have to replace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I have a one question, from which side this spacer will come over? From the piston where is the hook or the bottom where are the screws?

I had no chance to see how it actually looks like and I can imagine that spacer what we are talking about is a compete bottom cup but just extended / higher for a desired length? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
the spacer is just a thick plate of aluminum that sandwiches on the end where the screws are, It should also come with the longer screws to attach it. Increasing the length of the shock a 1/2 " or so and that changes the geometry enough to not have it touch at full drop. I only had to tell them the tire I was using (metz260), maybe they already knew the specs needed so can't help with how to measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts