RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I need to replace the Tricky air hose that goes to the cylinder, it looks a little damaged.
Since the Tricky was sold with the bike, I don't have any install instructions nor I know what is the safe way to replace the hose.

I would like to replace the air hose that goes under with a SS braided hose, just to make sure it will never die.
Can you tell me what air hose size I need to get? If by any chance you have the install instructions or any special directions, please let me know or post them here.

Thanks a lot!

Floren

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just installed mine and i'll bring them into work and scan them and email you the pdf's...as for the hose...it is 1/4" air hose that you can get at a truck parts store (for 18 wheelers) they use the stuff for their air brakes...the hose come apart from the fitting pretty easily...just pull the outter ring away from the fitting and then pull the hose out. New hose just pushes right in....it is a pretty good system, the only thing i could recommend to make it tougher is to buy some stainess steel braided plumbing pipes from Home Depot and thread the 1/4 air line through it.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK guys, the trick is how to remove the actual hose and replace it. I have no idea how...
Is there a special tool I need? The hose turns, so it looks like there is something holding it in place. At connector level, you can see some sort of hidden clamps. I don't want to damage the connector by pulling it with a pair of pliers. Let me know please if you know how to properly replace the air hose at connector level.

Thanks a lot,

Floren

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Try tacking a picture, your chance of anybody being able to help will increase.

The number of forum members with tricky air are lower than the members with technical knowledge ;-)))

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
I don't have Tricky air but seems like where I read somewhere you push in on the hose and there's a little ring or something you push down on and then pull the hose out.Kind of like chinese handcuffs.Hope it works.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
TECK said:
OK guys, the trick is how to remove the actual hose and replace it. I have no idea how...
Is there a special tool I need?

[*]I suspect you have this type of Push-Infitting: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Push_In_Air_Brake_Fittings_Nylon_Tubing_s/93.htm[/list]

The hose Pneumatic Tubingturns, so it looks like there is something holding it in place. At connector level, you can see some sort of hidden clamps. I don't want to damage the connector by pulling it with a pair of pliers. Let me know please if you know how to properly replace the air hose at connector level.

[*]There should be a round thinring that releases the internal collet that grips the tubing. All that is req'd is to depress the outer ring firmly into the fitting and you should then be able to remove the plastic tubing while holding the ring in the depressed position.[/list]

Thanks a lot,

Floren

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Late reply... better late then never.

It was exactly what you said: applying a little pressure on the opposite direction made the tubes pull out very easy. Ingenious system. I got the tubes from local truck store, I will install them this spring. Thanks a lot for the great tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts