RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a used Tricky air ride ....I purchased this unit from a member here a few years ago for a project bike I never finished ...
I was told when purchased that it would leak down overnight so passing on that information ....( I only installed it on a rolling frame and it worked fine )
$385.00 shipped.. PM me if interested ... Thanks ....
PS: Clearing out my shop so I will be listing many other items soon ..
001.JPG 004.JPG

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am interested, the only thing i am curious if the leak can ever be fixed. Any idea? Have you tried to contact Tricky and see what they respond.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never tried to find the leak , apparently it would need to be under a load to leak down and I have only had it on a rolling frame

·
Registered
621 Posts
Dang I’d buy this in a heart beat if it didn’t have a leaking problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Yeah I would be all over it.
Hummmm . . I believe that T A R can n will repair their stuff.

Hey RacerJm do you still Have ur Warrior's?.?.?.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have my Warriors and was gonna build another with 280 tire ,air ride etc . but after five years or so of these parts sitting on a shelf I decided to sell some stuff .. will be listing a bunch of stuff in the next few weeks as I go through the many boxes of parts I have stored away ...

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
That would've been a nice build bro...
Your warrior's are clean n look good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Great deal it be sold if I didn't already have one, leak could be as simple as a bad fitting ( dealing with this issue on mine). I say get it guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Well Tricky Air makes their own cylinders so they have to have a seal kit to repair the cylinder. It should be simple unless the cylinder is in bad shape which would be rare. More likely an o ring or seal got old and deformed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To anyone interested in this Tricky air unit ... According to Tricky Air, the air shock I have for sale is an older model and is not serviceable /rebuildable , I am going to hold off on this sale till I get a chance to install it on one of my bikes and be able to troubleshoot if ,why and where it is leaking ..I wanted to post this on the original thread (top of page) but could not figure out how to ...

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Sorry to read this Jim as that's a heck of a deal for someone. They get $900 approx for a new kit. Don't understand why the pneumatic cylinder isn't rebuildable, if req'd, unless the aluminum head & cap are crimped to the SS cylinder body. Pneumatics is my 3rd language :)
Hope all works out and it's only a fitting issue

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just on there site looking at them. If only it could be fixed because I would for sure buy it. The original price of $899.00 is a little steep for what I’m wanting to spend right now. But good looking out on the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry to read this Jim as that's a heck of a deal for someone. They get $900 approx for a new kit. Don't understand why the pneumatic cylinder isn't rebuildable, if req'd, unless the aluminum head & cap are crimped to the SS cylinder body. Pneumatics is my 3rd language :)
Hope all works out and it's only a fitting issue
I'm not sure why they say it is not rebuildable cause I always figured if it went together it can be taken apart ..I am gonna investigate this unit and figure it out .. No crimp marks that I can see ....for all I know it may just be a fitting or a line but more than likely it will be the shock .. if I find the shock is leaking I'll just keep it , maybe use it sometime down the road or tear that un-rebuildable unit apart and rebuild it .. if all fails I'll have a spare compressor, solenoid and switch for my HD Springer Softail that has an air ride unit with the same style compressor etc..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts