RS Warrior Forum banner

Tried launching the bike from a stand still

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dfhowes 
#1 ·
So I read what everybody said to do in order to launch these bikes. Now I'm a noob to really launching, but I reved it to 2000rpm or so and popped the clutch and my rear end just shifted sideways from spinning and then I let off the gas and once it quite spinning I was able to carry on. So am I doing something wrong or what?

#3 ·
Feather the clutch out as throttle is applied when the clutch is all the way out the throttle should be pinned.

Ride for a few minutes between launches to cool the clutch plates.

#4 ·
Well at the track I launch at around 4500 rpm and it's one smooth motion. Let it out quick but make sure to keep up with the throttle as well and she will go like a bat outta **** my best 60' is a 1.5 doing it this way. Just need to be fluid with it don't dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Well at the track I launch at around 4500 rpm and it's one smooth motion. Let it out quick but make sure to keep up with the throttle as well and she will go like a bat outta **** my best 60' is a 1.5 doing it this way. Just need to be fluid with it don't dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.5!!! Nice! My best 60' is a 1.8080. I try to launch about the same RPM, maybe 500 less. Looks like I need to work on it some more. What are you using for a back tire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.