RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day. Ordered a triple tree that gives a 7 degree rake out - pushes the front wheel out about 6 and a half inches - from Mortons (US) and had the boys at Yammy Enoggerah fit it (thanks Jase). Even though Mortons advised all stock components would fit back into place the boys had to adjust clamps, fiddle about, drill a few holes,etc to get them back on the bike. The ride is really good, doesn't feel like the trail has been upset at all. You do get a bit more vibration upthrough the hands but it eases out once you get up to cruise speed. Has anyone else had these trees installed and how did they work for you?

Cheers

JLC

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I just put them on my bike also. I dont have the new pics in my gallery yet but I posted them a while back. I agree about the ride. I haven't noticed any adverse affects yet. My Dad and I put mine on and you are right, all stock components don't work. It's not bad but you do have to trim the brake line brackets and the bracket that loops around the clutch cable has to be modified. Putting on the fork tube extensions is a serious pain unless you have the special tools. I called morton after doing it for something and they said that this is the most difficult tree to put on they make. All in all the best Mod I have done. Congrats, hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day baclay9

Took the bike for a long run yesterday highway and winding roads. It was great - I think the rake actually gives you more feel into the corners and a better lean all the way through. By the time I finished I was used to the slight vibration through the bars - anyway it's a small price to pay for the awsome look and the improved ride. Thanks for your response.

Cheers

JLC

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still getting used to this site BUT should be a couple of rough (taken with moblie phone) shots in my gallery now. I'll get some better shots once I have a decent camera in my hands.

Cheers

JLC

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your bike looks incredible with the rake...How is the ride, slow, fast and in the turns? Is there anything that you do different since you got the Triple Trees installed...May be getting a set for my warrior soon. Who better to ask than one of the original users of the 7's

·
Registered
528 Posts
The fork extensions - are they proper replacement tubes or are they just billet extensions...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts