RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike has been in the dealers shop for a week because of the recall. I was called today and was asked if there were any gaskets with the new OE HC pistons, I told him no, and I never took possession of them, they had them!

He the signed and said well now we have a problem, everything was going well got it all put back together, torqued the bolts fired it up, revved it and blew both of the head gaskets. He is going to call OE to see what they say, I suggested that he call Yammi and have them overnight them.

-- Anyone else have this same problem?

Sadly before I hung up he said and there is one other problem….. “You know that nice cover you have on the side of your bike… Well it is no longer nice and I have no clue what they did to it…..”

·
Registered
207 Posts
quote:Originally posted by pleep

The bike has been in the dealers shop for a week because of the recall. I was called today and was asked if there were any gaskets with the new OE HC pistons, I told him no, and I never took possession of them, they had them!

He the signed and said well now we have a problem, everything was going well got it all put back together, torqued the bolts fired it up, revved it and blew both of the head gaskets. He is going to call OE to see what they say, I suggested that he call Yammi and have them overnight them.

-- Anyone else have this same problem?

Sadly before I hung up he said and there is one other problem….. “You know that nice cover you have on the side of your bike… Well it is no longer nice and I have no clue what they did to it…..”

No problem with my Yamaha HC pistons. Seems like several people are having problems with the OE HC pistons.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Are you saying that we are supposed to put different head gaskets in?I had the OE pistons installed and just used the new ones that came with the recall kit.The OE pistons dont come with head gaskets.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
The Recall Kit comes with the head gaskets, not the HC Piston's. Got news for you. JE Piston's makes all the HC Piston's that OE & PR sell. The problem lies with your dealer & the technician working on your Warrior. They are trying to pass the buck, so they won't have to pick up the tab.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I think they are trying to pass the buck and I am getting a little annoyed. I am starting to get a little concerned that they may come back on me and want more $$ for the extra labor. This is not the first time I have had a little difficulty with them (I so wish there was another dealer with in 100 miles of me).

To my understanding no, no new gaskets should be used just the ones with the recall kit. If we needed them I am sure that Rob would have given them to us or at least warned us beforehand.... This is going to be interesting to see what they do.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
QUOTE:
"No problem with my Yamaha HC pistons. Seems like several people are having problems with the OE HC pistons."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Several" people are NOT having probs with OE HC pistons. Mine are AWESOME (and yes - with stock head gaskets).

The one other "problem" post was the dealer's problem as is this.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
What darkstar said.
JE also builds the Yamaha pistons.
as far as I know, there are few differences between them
JE and YAMAHA's

Kyle

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Guys, it is rapidly becomming a dearlership issue EVERYWHERE. I had a run-in with another dealership about getting a tire replaced. They have bad attitudes.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
We don't sell standard bore gaskets as part of the kit because stock gaskets are to be used.

We have yet to have a problem with the standard bore HC pistons that could not be traced back to improper installation or inability to follow the factory service manual instructions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm with you Rob. These questionable mechs are passing the buck for their inability to follow procedure.

I love my HC pistons and got them installed properly. I feel I got a great BIG BANG for my buck(s). Money well spent IMO /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts