RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fello warrior riders! Heard about recall last week, called my dealer, and made appointment. Later found out they will NOT add any aftermarket parts period! Called a competitor and they said no problem for basic things like pistons, etc. Now I just found out that it will be a month before parts are in!!!(both dealers confirm this information) I live in San Diego! I ride every week end! THIS SUCKS! I am so tempted to trade this bast*@d in on something that will run long and hard!!
I need the # to a good therapist!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, I am with you on this, I called my dealer today and he told me the parts will not start to be shipped until february 25th, he also told me to not ride the bike at all until it is fixed, and if something breaks before it gets fixed that yamaha wont cover it, the problem is that my local dealer has a bunch of kids as their mechanics and I dont trust them to pull my motor out, I am afraid it will never be right again, a guy I work with has a roadstar and had it fixed on his and the nuetral light stays on all the time now and needless to say he is selling his bike now, **** I should have bought that honda...........

·
Registered
377 Posts
quote:Originally posted by metrek

***snip***...a guy I work with has a roadstar and had it fixed on his and the nuetral light stays on all the time now and needless to say he is selling his bike now, **** I should have bought that honda...........

Assuming he is selling it for that reason, I would have gone down and raised holy s*** untill it was fixed right!

They would have regretted the day they ever heard my name......

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
F Em ride the dam thing no Road Star Warrior has ever locked up that We know and we would have heard. I put two or three hundred miles on a week and im riding to Daytona. See Yall thair!!!

TRex[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
18 Posts
yup, they told me 5-6 weeks. I'm in Seattle, and am not happy with this at all. I ride every chance I get, and the Yamaha dealers around my area couldn't care less how much inconvenience this causes me. I am seriously considering dropping Yamaha like a hot potato. Oh, and they told me that it would cost me 75 dollars for them to come and trailer it to the shop right after they told me to NOT ride it in. They might as well bit** slap me while they are at it. That V rod is making more sense every day I can't ride. This recall DOES suck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hear that rxape I 'm going to Daytona with MY BIKE. I not riding someone elses bike. Yamaha is just CYA about not riding before the tranny is fixed. See ya in Daytona

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
ride it like you stole it. My dealer say's it's just yamaha covering it's a$$ and they'll let me know when the parts are in so that I can bring it in then. And they are jazzed about doing upgrades on it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bermshotbill

Howdy fello warrior riders! Heard about recall last week, called my dealer, and made appointment. Later found out they will NOT add any aftermarket parts period! Called a competitor and they said no problem for basic things like pistons, etc. Now I just found out that it will be a month before parts are in!!!(both dealers confirm this information) I live in San Diego! I ride every week end! THIS SUCKS! I am so tempted to trade this bast*@d in on something that will run long and hard!!
I need the # to a good therapist!!

Try booze....

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
My Canadian re call letter just suggested that I don't operate my bike (like I could in -20 anyway) the whole thing is just a CYA move and there's no way Yamaha wouldn't cover it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Now that is a bunch of BS if I ever heard it.
You aren't allowed to drive the bike, BUT you are allowed to drive it to the dealer because they wont pick it up for free?
That makes me mad just thinking about it.
Mamalied, you have my deepest sympathies.
If it is a danger to drive now, everyone should get "free pickup" since it will be "safe to ride" when they are done with the recall.
Not that I wouldn't drive it, if it were a little warmer than 5 degrees out. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey dental floss, that's not bad trade in deal. Too bad the Vulcan is an ugly, over weight hag. The more I look at that bike the more I'm sure I don't like it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dentalfloss

Already got a trade in value for the warrior for the Vulcan 2k. They offered me 8k against the Vulcan.

What's the price of the Vulcan before the trade? Trade in value means nothing if you overpay for the new bike in the first place.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mamalied

"Ride it like you stole it." Now, how can I argue with that? I love it! Thank you, I feel better.

Mamalied, welcome to the forum and it's great to see another washington warrior. Ask any of us washingtonians and we will tell ya, **** ya we're still riding. It it makes you feel any better just rode back frome work was up to 110 by time I hit the freeway, have over 13k miles on bike and comming up on my 1 year since purchassed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ha! Go buy your Vulcan't 2000. Hopefully you will feel better about your purchase than the riders in the motorcycle magazines have printed. Wake up and smell the cat box, Yamaha is not the only company with a recall going on. But, Yamaha is the only company I know of that is recalling a part that has a chance of breaking and getting people hurt. Most companys wait until there have been multiple failers before issuing a recall. Sure I think Yamaha is covering their ass, I feel like they are covering mine as well. I am also getting an oppertunity to do internal mods to my bike on their labor hour, mods I most likely would have never done unless I broke something internal. I'm not happy about being without my bike while it is being repaired, but on the other hand, how long would I be without my bike while I was having internal mods done anyway? What am I losing? I'm reducing my chance of a tranny failure and Yamaha is paying for my labor hour to instal my mods. I'm winning, not losing. When everything I build comes out perfect every time, I will begin to hold everyone else to the same standard. Until that day comes I will respect anyone who recognizes their own misakes and steps forward to do what they can to take care of that mistake. I don't feel like a victum because of this recall. Turn your back on Yamaha, they aren't turning theirs on you. Run to Kawasaki. I had one once, 92 Zephyr, loved that bike, burned oil from day one though. Dealer told me oil consumption was normal and would not be warranty unless it was excessive. A quart every 1000 miles isn't excessive for a Kawasaki.

Welcome to the real world. Recalls are part of life when safety is involved. This recall was set by Yamaha, not the federal government, would you feel better about the recall if it were mandated by the government because there were a few injuries or a death or two? I wouldn't. Go ahead, get mad at Yamaha, and boast your ignorance in public. It makes some of us laugh. We need a good laugh from time to time, in these troublesome times when Yamaha can try to twist us into this recall to keep our trannys from locking up and hurting someone.

·
Registered
802 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wackochango

Supposing the rear wheel did lock up, would pulling in the clutch save yer ass?

No. The clutch, for easy understanding, seperates the engine from the tranny. The tranny would still be locked to the to the rest of the driveline. If the tranny locks the rear wheel locks, squeezing the cluth lever would keep the motor from stalling though, unless of coarse the engine has already stalled before you squeeze, you would have to react really fast to keep it from stalling.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts