RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recived my second custom made pulley cover from brownsperformance.com . This cover is the Yamaha tuning forks. I now have two of their custom made covers so I can change out for a different look. I detailed this one with flat black paint/clear coat and chrome allen bolt plugs. If you want to take a look there are pics in my gallery. IMO looks pretty good!
A special thanks to Geekster for the idea! He came up with the tuning fork idea and also has one (slightly different) on his bike.

Harley Jones

·
Registered
342 Posts
HJ, THat is the best looking pulley cover Ive seen yet. Is the tuning fork design custom for them? How much work did you do as far as paint, clear, prep, etc? THanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a multi page post on the pulley covers in the general discussion forum about price and such. As these are custom made to your own designs the price will vary depending on how involved the cad cam work and machine work is. They have, I belive four standard pulley cover that have a set price and you have to contact browns for pricing on custom work.
For the paint and prep, I had them cnc machine the cover for me but didn't have them clear coat it. I took it home and taped up most of it and sprayed it with flat black. After it dried I took laqure- thinner and carefuly cleaned arownd the edged. I didn't want the real polished look so I sanded it with 1000 grit sand paper then switched to 2000 grit and then polished it with one coat of Mothers aluminum polish to try to match the finish of the other covers. I then took it back to Browns and had it clear coated and baked. It came out real nice!

Thanks!!
Harley Jones

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Harley that's fn' awsome! What a nice look, all blacked out. The tuning forks really stand out. That bikes shaping up real nice!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Harley!
Looks Awesome! You would not believe what I did the other day? I ordered my second custom pulley cover insert. Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Darkstar and Inthewind!!!!

It is nice to be able to design your own cover and personalize you ride. Browns is working on some more Warrior stuff. Its in the design faze now. Check their web site out, they do nice work.

Harley

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Very sweet Harley. I have been tinkering with different designs myself, but haven't fount just the right one to send them yet.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Looks high class, Harley, Yamaha should send you a check every week for great design work and advertising! It looks like there is some powder coating on there, did they do that?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Longdrives,

Thanks for the compliment on the cover!

That is not powdercoating on the pulley cover. See the above post on how I finished the pulley cover.
I now have two of the brownsperformance covers. The other has 1670cc milled into it. I will change them out for a different look as the mood strikes.
This is my favorite mod on my Warrior! IMO looks alot better the the stock cover.

Thanks again!
Harley Jones

Harley Jones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts