RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This is good to know! I just started drag racing three seasons ago on a mostly stock Warrior (I'm 61 now) and have been recently contemplating some upgrades, a turbo being one of them. I suspect I may be braking like this instinctively but from now on I'll be more conscious of it and practice doing it properly. I don't know if I'll ever actually get some work done but if I do, hopefully this bit of information will save me from some trouble. :eek:

Very happy that you came out as well as you did. Looking forward to the rebuild. Keep us posted. And keep the rubber side down!
Thank you! One of the things I struggle with is taming down a 18 year old throttle hand with a 67 year old brain. I’ve got decent riding skills, but there’s no denying the slowing of reflexes with age. Also, self preservation is a hindrance causing me to freeze at times, especially when things get our of wack, like having the bike jump up in front of me! When I can, I try to learn different techniques. Doing track days taught me a lot about braking and bike control. For wheelie control, I will be relying on bars. Time to put my ego aside, and go with the flow!

·
Registered
76 Posts
balagarba, how could you have avoided burning your turbowarrior?
The fuel line to one of the extra injectors in the plenum came off and dumped fuel over the engine.
The retaining clip that secured the fuel line to the injector was the week point in that construction.

I learned the hard way that everything on the fuel system need to be foolproof.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The fuel line to one of the extra injectors in the plenum came off and dumped fuel over the engine.
The retaining clip that secured the fuel line to the injector was the week point in that construction.

I learned the hard way that everything on the fuel system need to be foolproof.
Agreed. This is my second fire. I had a fuel cell a few years ago, under the seat. I forgot to put on the fuel cap, and it shorted out the wiring. Started a fire, but thankfully only damaged the wiring harness and fuel lines.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Time to Rebuild the Turbo Warrior

Now that I’m feeling better, I’ll be starting the rebuild of the turbo Warrior. I will be starting a new thread in the “Installed Warrior Modifications and Accessories” forum with lots of details. Thank you all for your following and support on this project.

Sam Vallas
Orange City, FL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just finished follow up with orthopedic surgeon. Everything is healing beautifully. No heavy lifting for another month, some tennis elbow from the fall, but getting a lot better.

I do need you guys to dig around and see if you’ve got a plastic headlight “bucket” laying around that you’re willing to part with. I can’t seem to find one on eBay that the seller isnt extremely proud of mill post this on the wanted forum as well.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
28,192 Posts
If you cannot find one and can wait about a month I have a small crack in mine and bought the replacement but have zero free time. I hope to disassemble it for new bucket and LED headlight in mid-march. If that works out then its no charge except maybe mailing but snail mail would probably be free.

The crack bugs me but it cannot be seen and the crack has not grown in the year or so since I discovered it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
If you cannot find one and can wait about a month I have a small crack in mine and bought the replacement but have zero free time. I hope to disassemble it for new bucket and LED headlight in mid-march. If that works out then its no charge except maybe mailing but snail mail would probably be free.

The crack bugs me but it cannot be seen and the crack has not grown in the year or so since I discovered it.
That will work. PM me your PayPal address and I’ll send you a token of my appreciation. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
997 Posts
...an 18 year old throttle hand with a 67 year old brain.
Hehe. Me, too. Ever since I got my Warrior, I get pulled over just about every season and ticked about every other time. However, this summer I was ticketed twice! Around May I got a 5 mph over = $85 (South Dakota does not take points off for speeding - yet).

September I was cited for Exhibition Driving!!! I think it was more for the loud pipes but also hard acceleration as well. Although IMO, it wasn't all that hard. After being cited, I found out the Sheriff also had a motorcycle. A Harley. Well, that explains why he thought my acceleration was excessive, I said to myself. (Cue slow-assed HD joke here. Wait, wait, I already did! :D)

I pled not guilty to that one and two days before court, the county and I decided that a guilty plea to "failure to dim headlight" was agreeable for everybody. Court costs waived so fine was $65 compared to a moving violation, points against license and $125+.

·
Administrator
28,192 Posts
I have not forgotten this. Weather is improving. Plus a lot happening. No worries. Let me know if/when you will be ready for this I am hoping to swap it in the next few weeks.

Just finished follow up with orthopedic surgeon. Everything is healing beautifully. No heavy lifting for another month, some tennis elbow from the fall, but getting a lot better.

I do need you guys to dig around and see if you’ve got a plastic headlight “bucket” laying around that you’re willing to part with. I can’t seem to find one on eBay that the seller isnt extremely proud of mill post this on the wanted forum as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The Turbo Warrior has Risen from the Ashes!

Hiya, folks. Haven’t talked to many of you in awhile. The Turbo Warrior is back in action. After a shakedown night a couple of weeks ago, I put the spurs to it a little harder and dipped back down into the nines once again. Considering the heat and humidity, I’m pretty **** happy. It’s come a long way from the wreck in December. I’m posting the time slip. A new hydraulic clutch setup and a few more tweaks, I’m hoping to drop the 60 foot further and hit my target,of 9.50.
I’ll post a technical update in the mods forum.

Attachments

41 - 55 of 55 Posts