RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Not a big fan of the seat. Like the rest, and wow, what are those front and rear calipers?????. Lets watch and see what the end product of this project ends up. We have a few warriors that have done this before. it goes like the 'cleppers' as we say here (translation: it kicks arse). Good luck and keep us updated

Dutch

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started to shave that seat. Thats why it dont have any leather on it :D Plan is to get it covered with different style leather. Maybe diamond stitch.
Look my bike info site for brakes. I listed all mods there.

Not a big fan of the seat. Like the rest, and wow, what are those front and rear calipers?????. Lets watch and see what the end product of this project ends up. We have a few warriors that have done this before. it goes like the 'cleppers' as we say here (translation: it kicks arse). Good luck and keep us updated

Dutch

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I am digging it. The bike already looks like it could get a speeding ticket while sitting at a red light. That is a compliment my brother.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My God man, what an incredible looking RSW! The install is clean and compliments the bike! Keep us posted on your build as I can't wait to see the end result, although getting there IS the journey my friend. All I got is WOW!!
Rg

·
Registered
975 Posts
Great looking bike. How's that wide tire handle the snow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks pretty slick.
But i think the gap between the cooler and the fender on the front might be a little too narrow....
If the front dives in maybe the fender will hit the cooler...?

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
looking good. HarryMarsch has a good point . You need to test it with the handlebars turned all the way to one side and then the other making sure that your forks bottom out to make sure that there is enough clearance, You may have to remove your chin spoiler and put the intercooler lower. I made a noce chin spoiler for a VROD once that looked great and worked fine until he hit the brakes and turned the handlebars the front fender then hit the spoiler and from the looks of your pictures I think you could have an interference problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you guys for all the comments :) Today i finished my header, first time tig welding header, only had done some minor weldings before. So im pretty happy with my weldings.
Next thing is paint it with vht black and wrap it with black.

I plan to turn my wastegate lever 90 degrees so i can put my wastegate actuator pointin up behind turbo.

I bought that intercooler becouse it had 50mm core. It dont hit the tire when i turn handlebars. Only thing worries me is the suspension travel. Maybe i need to stiffen up those r1 forks. Or fork extend?

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
many times if the wheel is pointing straight and you compress it you may not have an issue however if you turn the wheel and compress you may have an issue. Another consideration could be to go to 6 or 7 degree triple trees which will increase the distance between the frame downtubes and the front wheel

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
are you worried the turbo is going to burn your leg? they get hot and it looks like its going o be right at your calf.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you guys help me? Can i somehow shorten travel of front shocks? And maybe add some lenght? 3cm should be enough to make intercooler clear the tire while braking.

I found fork extenders but they costed way too much, 400 dollars...

Can i just add 3cm spacer under spring assembly. So it will raises shocks overall lenght 3cm, outer shock cover is then 3cm upper than normal. Is this gonna cause any problems?

Kit that raises forks have extra tube for that shock outer cover to keep seal at same position as before.

I have some photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think i still have some 2" fork extenders from a Mortons 7 degree trees that i bought a long time ago if you think that might help you out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think i still have some 2" fork extenders from a Mortons 7 degree trees that i bought a long time ago if you think that might help you out.
Thanks, what kind of extenders are those? I dont like the looks where sleeve is added to top tree. And it leaves holes.
Just want to know if i can raise it internally. If not maybe i have to add those sleeves...

I ordered 0.95kg/mm springs for those forks. Should help alot, now they are 0.80kg/mm. And even now when i try to push hard as i can with swinging movement i cant get fender hit to intercooler.
R1 forks have good damping :)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Thanks, what kind of extenders are those? I dont like the looks where sleeve is added to top tree. And it leaves holes.
Just want to know if i can raise it internally. If not maybe i have to add those sleeves...

I ordered 0.95kg/mm springs for those forks. Should help alot, now they are 0.80kg/mm. And even now when i try to push hard as i can with swinging movement i cant get fender hit to intercooler.
R1 forks have good damping :)
You just remove the stock top caps and screw the mortons 2" extended caps on top. I adjusted my dampening all the way in and put the extensions on with the 7 degree trees. You add the 2" extensions and slide the forks till they are flush with the top tree and tighten them down. I did this to mine because i added a 21" front tire and wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Are you sure you need such a big intercooler? I have seen applications with bigger turbos and smaller intercoolers. I even saw one build with the intercooler built into the chin spoiler (custom harley road king) Other members here have put a turbo on their warrior and I don;t remember them having an issue with front wheel clearance but then they may have hung the intercooler off the side

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you sure you need such a big intercooler? I have seen applications with bigger turbos and smaller intercoolers. I even saw one build with the intercooler built into the chin spoiler (custom harley road king) Other members here have put a turbo on their warrior and I don;t remember them having an issue with front wheel clearance but then they may have hung the intercooler off the side
I didnt find smaller... Many turbo warriors dont even have intercooler, so no problems.
I have not done things easy way with anything in my life, so i wont give up here eather. SISU PERKELE. :D
I will make it work somehow and its gonna look awesome :Thumbsup: :cool:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts