RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Powdercoated parts today, vht painted header and turbine. And finally installed some parts back to the bike. Everything fits so tight that its annoying to fit parts back together... :/ But final result is rewarding :)

Next i need to install exhaust and make brackets for intercooler. Then i start to work cold side under the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey there, I have looked at all you have done to your warrior, but I do have one complaint. Get rid of that snow mod. It doesn’t give me a good feel with regards to handling. Regarding turbos on warriors. Since owning one I have found that the Warrior has a distinctive sound eg; you can here a bike going up or down the road and know it’s a Warrior without seeing it. I have heard and seen some turbo jobs on YouTube and they have lost that warrior sound. However as the old saying goes “ whatever floats your boat”. The bottom line is you are the one who has to like it, not others. But get rid of that snow mod.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey there, I have looked at all you have done to your warrior, but I do have one complaint. Get rid of that snow mod. It doesn’t give me a good feel with regards to handling. Regarding turbos on warriors. Since owning one I have found that the Warrior has a distinctive sound eg; you can here a bike going up or down the road and know it’s a Warrior without seeing it. I have heard and seen some turbo jobs on YouTube and they have lost that warrior sound. However as the old saying goes “ whatever floats your boat”. The bottom line is you are the one who has to like it, not others. But get rid of that snow mod.
I do like the sound of warrior but was bored of power this bike makes natural aspired. First gear is pulling hard but second... I think turbo vtwins sounds awesome :D
Today it snowed even more :( Its too long winter in finland... If thats what you meant with snow mod? If you meant how low it is, i can tell you bike still handless great. Not bottoming becouse i have 1100lbs spring with bumpstop spacers, so there is not much travel but feels great to ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes I meant the real snow as snow mod. Coming from Australia it’s not something I experience here lol. However in 01 & 02 I did experience it in Austria. Mate your bike looks really great, it was just my opinion of the standard Warrior noise. I do understand the advantages of the turbo. At my age ( 63 ) 200 k’s an hour is enough for me lolol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yes I meant the real snow as snow mod. Coming from Australia it’s not something I experience here lol. However in 01 & 02 I did experience it in Austria. Mate your bike looks really great, it was just my opinion of the standard Warrior noise. I do understand the advantages of the turbo. At my age ( 63 ) 200 k’s an hour is enough for me lolol

·
Registered
366 Posts
I hate radiators, but you have done everything neatly! (in other nodes) Fortunately, Finnish cops = REAL PEOPLE! Hats off! Good luck in completing the project!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Haha. My mind keeps changing all the time how im going to do this build. So i wrapped headers now and it looks awesome ?

Also made wastegate actuator bracket little smaller and powdercoated it, now it looks way more better.

Oil lines are now installed ( an4 with 1.5mm restictor ) and 490cc injectors aswell.

And i gave a thought about this plenum thing and 4mm aluminium is ordered. And my brother made me some velocity cones for inside plenum box. Any suggestions about plenum designs? Or is it just have to be big?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I think i have enough air volume with smaller plenum becouse off that intercooler. So how about this? Should i add some quide wing where air comes in to the box, for air to mix? Will air shoot right end off the box if i make it like this?
Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I read about plenums and asked questions from forums about plenum designs for turbo setup and discovered that its not so important how you do it becouse air is pushed to cylinder with pressure. So i started doing just simple plenum box. Volume is about 2 litres. Bottom plate is done

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
That should be enough. All that air is going to be jammed into that airbox. When I had my turbo mustang, the intake was pretty much an aluminum box on top of very very short intake runners. You will be fine

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Really makes you appreciate who had build their own turbo kits. Amount off work that need to do is just huge... Here is pictures of plenum box in progress. Now after 15 hours all left to do is weld other side plate its place and then powdercoat whole thing. Maybe im slow builder or just too picky, either way plenum sits perfect and is easy to put in its place :)

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Incredible
With my ADD and my obsession to do things all out and correct, I can totally appreciate all the time and work you have done to your bike.
Outstanding work my friend.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts