RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Incredible
With my ADD and my obsession to do things all out and correct, I can totally appreciate all the time and work you have done to your bike.
Outstanding work my friend.
Thanks ? I think i have that obession too, if i dont like something i do it again untill i like it. Many parts have been made several times over. But one very good thing about this project is that i have learned many skills, tig welding etc. And i know much more about turbo/engines/warrior.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Intercooler brackets made, painted matt black. All pipework and plenum is painted, ready and installed.
Finished all hose connections and wirings under tank.
Next i need to connect all pcv hardware and powdercoat bracket for pod 300 screen. Soon this beast will sing 😁😎

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Dude u got some skills.....

I can definitely appreciate all that attention to detail and the work ....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Today i finished up all wiring. Only thing to do is clutch 3 plate mod + barnett plate and oil change. Then tuning. I found usefull youtube videos about pressure tuning but do you guys have any tips for that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Changed sr-2 clutch with 3 plate mod and red springs, i expected tighter pull, was really suprised how similar it was with stock.
Pod 300 bracket is work in progress.
Changed oil and filter and with little work with pcv software i finally started the beast! :D Now its time to start make tune and get some power :)

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Great quality work! But now the great design of the warrior’s engine is not visible...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I have been tuning and made tune that i can ride with the bike. Still plenty rich. So i decided to take it to professional tuner and let him do the rest. Same time i get dyno sheet :)
Dyno time is booked 26.5 , im so exited right now! :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Here are dyno results. Made good numbers 😀

Minor issues appeared at dyno, 1.5mm restrictor wasnt small enough to prevent smoke at cool engine, but smoking stopped when engine warmed. Have to try 1mm restrictor.

And return flanges gasket leaked few drops, have to make new from different material.

And that steady cruise throttle poppin/sputtering didnt cure with the tune.

Fiqured out later that my header gaskets + downpipe connection has leaked. I think that messed my low throttle afr. Or there might be vacuum leak somewhere at the throttlebodies.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
The bike looks great, and the 148hp number is awesome, you do very nice work. Try vacuum test gauge for the intake circuit hoses, that seems more likely candidate. Question, might 1mm restrictor begin to defeat some of the gain or introduce other impacts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The bike looks great, and the 148hp number is awesome, you do very nice work. Try vacuum test gauge for the intake circuit hoses, that seems more likely candidate. Question, might 1mm restrictor begin to defeat some of the gain or introduce other impacts?
Pretty happy with 148hp. But more than happy about that torque 254nm/188ftlb from 2500 rpm. And spool up is instant, no turbo lag.

Have to try that 👍

Oil was pushed through turbo at exhaust side, i think nothing else changes with smaller restrictor than no oil burning in my exhaust ☺

·
Registered
503 Posts
Holy snappin duck ****, those figures are mind blowing. Your bike looks like it’s armed for the drag strip. So when you come to my place, how long do you think it will take for you to convert mine. Make it the white rocket, sweet as.
Seriously though, what you end up having to do or will do to the front end? A naturally aspirated warrior can be a handful when trying to reduce speed or stop in a hurry. I know getting those figures on the Dyna a really impressive, but looking at real world usage I can only assume ( anyone can correct me if I’m wrong ) that there would be an enormous force on the forks, brakes etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Stryder1956: I have 0.95kg spring waiting for the front forks and forks are from yamaha r1 2003 so there is good damppening too, way stiffer now than original warrior forks. Should be enough to keep out of bottoming to intercooler and rear is so stiff that it have not hitted rear fender at big bumps 😁 Maybe i can raise it a little without ruining the look 😊

Heftysmurf: Turbo is td04hl-15t with small 5# turbine housing a/r is only 0.35.
I was little worried about that turbine size but it was spot on 😁

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Stryder1956: I have 0.95kg spring waiting for the front forks and forks are from yamaha r1 2003 so there is good damppening too, way stiffer now than original warrior forks. Should be enough to keep out of bottoming to intercooler and rear is so stiff that it have not hitted rear fender at big bumps 😁 Maybe i can raise it a little without ruining the look 😊

Heftysmurf: Turbo is td04hl-15t with small 5# turbine housing a/r is only 0.35.
I was little worried about that turbine size but it was spot on 😁
Thanks <

61 - 80 of 97 Posts