RS Warrior Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

Registered
Stryder1956: I have 0.95kg spring waiting for the front forks and forks are from yamaha r1 2003 so there is good damppening too, way stiffer now than original warrior forks. Should be enough to keep out of bottoming to intercooler and rear is so stiff that it have not hitted rear fender at big bumps 馃榿 Maybe i can raise it a little without ruining the look 馃槉

Heftysmurf: Turbo is td04hl-15t with small 5# turbine housing a/r is only 0.35.
I was little worried about that turbine size but it was spot on 馃榿
Hey Kev, when I read what you said about the front end I knew, that what you have done is about the best anyone could do. I have an 05 so yes I know how good their front end can be. lol I had visions of you using the normal brakes. Your forks would push past your wheels and go through the road lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #82
Hey Kev, when I read what you said about the front end I knew, that what you have done is about the best anyone could do. I have an 05 so yes I know how good their front end can be. lol I had visions of you using the normal brakes. Your forks would push past your wheels and go through the road lol
Yep that i fear off with those fork now. Good news!! I found the problem with bucking and sputtering. Aips sensor were mixed. Turned them around and voila! Bike runs very smooth 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #84
Went to ride at hot day and bucking and popping is back. I called to firm i bought those injectors and the told that part throttle duty cycle is so low that it pops. Especially when bike gets hot, trying to lean afr.

And i now discovered two problems.
I have too big injectors to low throttle and too small injectors full throttle. Duty cycle touched 100% at 3300rpm and went 100% from 4500rpm to limiter.

Have to find rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Hope that solves my problems. Did i understand this thing right? You can set fuel pressure what ever you want and it starts to rise when it sees boost?

Administrator
I've never heard of that. I think a rising rate FPR rises 1:1 with intake vacuum (vac hose to intake). I don't recall others having to do that.

For the stock Warrior, the ECU (with sensor array parameters and fuel map) manages the basic injection and that means air:fuel varies as does fuel delivery duration. The fuel pressure regulator does not vary, it allows the needed pressure in support of duration. You might do an Advanced Search for early member Frankenstein RS Warrior Forum who built successful turbo and supercharger Warriors (might have used the S* FPR). Also Sam Vallas brought a lot with respect to injectors. Suggest Advanced Search criteria: member=Vall345 and search=Injectors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #86
Problem is with those bosch ev14 injectors. Injector offset is different than denso cdh275. And with pc5 you cant adjust that...
Luckily i found tlf performance from internet and they have denso cdh275 with 500cc flow. Only 136usd delivered to Finland. I ordered them. Now its waiting game.

Good time to do other things...

Front forks need new seals + 0.95kg springs.
Instal rr fpr 1:1.
Weld bung to plenum for air intake temp sensor.
Install new heat wrap to header, had to take old one off becouse i needed to mod header a little.
polish the paint and add gyeon ceramic coating.
And maybe install bi-xenon projector to headlight and make all black inside. ( maybe later becouse if i try add turbo to register papers, i cant have xenons )

I need only 120hp dyno sheet and desibel to somewhere around 100db to get that registered with turbo.

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
Ended up removing whole air intake temp sensor since it got heat soaked pretty bad and started to lean mixture, works now nice without it.

Got those tlf 500cc injectors + aem fuel pressure regulator installed.
Works much smoother, no popping etc. Just smooth 馃榾 I can finally ride low rpm cruise without issues! 馃槅
And i leaned my idle to 13.6afr.

I got my tune to work without boost and its nice to drive. Next need to make tune for boost cells. I got new dyno time booked 19. August. Hope to get litte more power out by rising boost to 14.7psi/1bar from 12psi.

Also installed 33t front pulley.

Registered
Pretty happy with 148hp. But more than happy about that torque 254nm/188ftlb from 2500 rpm.
Gob smacked !! 254nm ... my Landcruiser has 800nm at the 4 wheels but it鈥檚 3.6t ...and it pulls hard , you have 254 in a bike weighing a fraction of ... WOW

Excellent read mate, very impressed with your skills, and the others on this group for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #92
Gob smacked !! 254nm ... my Landcruiser has 800nm at the 4 wheels but it鈥檚 3.6t ...and it pulls hard , you have 254 in a bike weighing a fraction of ... WOW

Excellent read mate, very impressed with your skills, and the others on this group for that matter.

That torque feels amazing. Just twist throttle and it goes without any effort 馃槀 Still like to have more high end power 馃槅

And thanks. This forum has been very helpfull for this build.

Registered
I think so you can really test your bike out to it鈥檚 full extent, you might need to move to another country that is bigger. I can see Bonneville or out here Lake Ayre. You know I鈥檓 only teasing you lol馃槑馃槑

Registered
Stryder they have Autobahns in Germany .. bye bye Ferrari鈥檚 etc

Ahh bugger Finland .. I thought our friend was in Germany ..

It鈥檚 only 2000k away ..

Registered
Discussion Starter #95
Im tired off playing with that stock ecu/pc5. Starting bike when motor is hot, idle goes very lean and it missfires. Couple off minutes it settles down to 13.2 afr.
And other issue is i cant whack throttle, it cuts out for 2 secs and then pulls. I have tried to tune that out but no good luck....

So i ordered maxxecu mini. With that i can tune everything that is annoying me :) We try to connect pod screen and pc lambda to maxxexu from can port. Hope that works 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #97
I was able to connect powercommander lambda + autotunebox + pod screen to maxxecu through can port.
Also got pressure data from maxx to pod screen, scaling is just bit off so have to figure that out. But most important data is now connected so i can start wiring maxx to the bike 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter #99
Pressure from maxx is now scaled to pod. Now to remove powercommander and start installing maxx 馃榿

Registered
Pressure from maxx is now scaled to pod. Now to remove powercommander and start installing maxx 馃榿
Hi KeviKoni, hi guys - I'm not much at forum since register - that's I'm going to update. It's nice to see turbo project Warrior. To be stright - I'm busy arleady with similar, supercharger (rotrex) was at first place. Money/efficiency reason choose Turbo.
Have you done any calculations before your project?
I'm asking, because torque is impressive, but I'm sure that you can get more ho as well.
Don't get me wrong - I will take your answer as advise for myself. I'm based myself at books, and I'm marine engineer more than 15 years. So thank you in advance for your reply, hope to share knowledge and kind regards from Poland.
Good job KeviKoni

81 - 100 of 119 Posts