RS Warrior Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi KeviKoni, hi guys - I'm not much at forum since register - that's I'm going to update. It's nice to see turbo project Warrior. To be stright - I'm busy arleady with similar, supercharger (rotrex) was at first place. Money/efficiency reason choose Turbo.
Have you done any calculations before your project?
I'm asking, because torque is impressive, but I'm sure that you can get more ho as well.
Don't get me wrong - I will take your answer as advise for myself. I'm based myself at books, and I'm marine engineer more than 15 years. So thank you in advance for your reply, hope to share knowledge and kind regards from Poland.
Good job KeviKoni
I made calculations for turbo size and 15t compressor looked to suit warrior motor well, with good efficiency. Turbine side was quessing. Others have put td04 with small housing and td04hl with 7# housing, so i picked from the middle. Big turbine wheel with small housing. I wanted to have instant spool without turbo lag and this td04hl-15t 5# was very good choise. Motor feels very powerfull at any rpm. This turbo is good for 300hp at saab 9-3 so it wont choke.

Intercooler was chosen by its 50mm core. It was only one i could find 😅

And intercooler piping is 48mm inner diameter.

First run gave me 136hp with 0.6bar and then we raised it to 0.8bar and it was 148hp. So i think with 1- 1.2bar boost i can get pretty good numbers.
We stopped chasing big hp becouse i read before stock rods cant handle over 150hp numbers but that appears to be bs...

Next time i have rev limit higher with more boost 😆

·
Administrator
30,095 Posts
PR once said the Warrior motor does great up to ~7krpm after which it comes apart. For their drag bikes they went with upgraded con rods. But looking back to the first (2002) ProStar entries for Warriors, well, they liked 150hp and of course in subsequent seasons they kept going.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
PR once said the Warrior motor does great up to ~7krpm after which it comes apart. For their drag bikes they went with upgraded con rods. But looking back to the first (2002) ProStar entries for Warriors, well, they liked 150hp and of course in subsequent seasons they kept going.

I plan to use 6000rpm limiter 😊

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Wiring is my worst nightmare. Rather be working on a 4,000 lb flywheel and clutch assembly. 2 bearing cost me almost $500.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,014 Posts
I’m wondering at what point the horse power needs to be where you arrive before leaving lol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
i like that rear fender. good luck on the wiring. ive done a lot on my older cars. dont like it but with patience, good music, and a cold drink of your choosing it can be done without much stress.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Just updated my showcase. Check it out 😀

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
How the timing adjustment now?
Timing is fully adjustable. Everything can be adjusted right now 😁

I currently have timing table from sam vallas. It was adjusted with e85.
So i dropped whole map -2 degrees and -3 from boost areas. Should be safe now. Dyno guy needs to tune that timing at brake dyno to get best results.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I installed setrab oil cooler, lines are from 10mm id stainless pipe. These were pain in the ass to get right....
Now i need to assembly my front end back.
Front forks got new seals, stiffer springs and new oils. Cant wait to test drive it 🙂

101 - 120 of 138 Posts