RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it...but I know it has been discussed. I have a 2003 warrior and want to put the clear turn signal covers and the colored bulbs in. Can I order them from Yamaha as front and rear covers? I read that on some years, you have to order 4 fronts or 4 rears because of their size. I am cornfused, spent a few minutes searching, I believe I have adult ADD. Pleae help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered the front and rear clear turn signal lenses for my '02 also. The clear lenses were definitely installed on the 2005 Midnight Warrior, so I used those part numbers. The amber bulbs were about $8 a piece, so I'll get those somewhere else. I'm guessing that they'll actually fit, I couldn't find anything specific on this site...

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Only the rear lenses fit from the 05.

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25924&SearchTerms=clear>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25924&SearchTerms=clear,turn,signal

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
also, go to pep boys and get the silver bulbs ( I forget what they are called exactly...A search should tell you)....then you won't see a yellow bulb behind the lens but they light up yellow.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Are you talking about sylvania silverstars... they are are pricey at $20/pair but they do look good behind the clear lenses. Chrome bulbs can be had for cheaper but you lose some brightness from what I read around here.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Paint the stock orange bulbs with a Silver High Heat Rustoleum spray paint. This will hide the orange bulb but when turned on they glow orange. A lot cheaper then $10 bucks a bulb

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RSWPilot

I ordered the front and rear clear turn signal lenses for my '02 also. The clear lenses were definitely installed on the 2005 Midnight Warrior, so I used those part numbers. The amber bulbs were about $8 a piece, so I'll get those somewhere else. I'm guessing that they'll actually fit, I couldn't find anything specific on this site...

ok, so the amber bulbs are 8.00 each, then why would anyone paint the amber one silver to avoid paying 10.00 each for the silver bulbs....is 2.00 really that big of a deal?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
From the dealer their $8. Just went to the auto store- those Sylvania Silver-whatevers are $20 a pack for TWO bulbs- are they really that much better?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
guys, you can get those silver bulbs way cheaper than the regular amber bulbs. I call it the "Chrome" Bulbs. You can also find some LED replacements too. go here:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17245&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=titanium%2Cbulb

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used the Kawasaki front covers and painted the orange bulbs with high temp silver. They still show up amber when running but clear when the engine is off. Order them through Clear Alternatives Kawasaki Lens #ETS-0019
Check out my pics.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a '05 midnight warrior and wanted to clean up the rear turn signal look. I found these small lights ( see images) at a local bike shop and they worked great. Had to do a little soldering/splicing and enlarge the holes on the stock lic. bracket, but for about $18 it was alot cheaper (though not as cool)as a tail light integrator kit. I'm not sure how well they can be seen in the daytime, but at night the slim side profile is bright enough.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My clear turn signal lenses came in and they work great, 3 of them are the same part number and 1 of them is different. Just order the 4 lenses for the '05 Midnight Warrior, they were about $25. I'm using the cheap orange lights because the lense cover has a pattern in the plastic and the light bulb isn't that noticeable. (imho)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yup. Clear Alternatives for clear covers for 03 Warriors. I use the Sylvania SilverStars. Look really cool blue thru the lenses until they light up amber. Pics in gallery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have an 04 got the part numbers off yamaha usa web site for th 05 midnight
front is a diferent part number from the rear only one showed up on the system
not a uk part arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Actually, on the '05 Midnite (Midnight?) Warrior, three of the lenses are identical, the 2 fronts and left rear. The right rear has a small cutout for drainage or something, it's at the bottom of the lense... if it's for draining or whatever, I don't see why the other 3 lenses don't have the same thing. Can't you order them mail-order from an American dealer? (Ask them: Are you an "Ameri-can" dealer, or "Ameri-can't" dealer...) I've installed those on my '02, work fine, lasts a long time, won't rust, bust or collect dust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts