RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can purchase a turn signal switch for a warrior? switch works but the plastic holding the spring broke so the switch doesnt work properly. I see how to remove the switch from the housing but cannot find a replacement switch.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Best bet on finding the turn signal switch is going ot be used off a wrecked bike or one that has had the housings replaced. Might want to check with some of the salvage yards that specialize in bikes, there were some links that floated around long before you got here for them. I'd just google for them, good luck on finding one, riding season is upon us.

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are most roadstar switch housings the same? I have found several used switch housings but none are specifically for roadstar warriors, however they all look just like the one on a warrior.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
They may be, I'm not really sure if they are or not. I do know that you have to either cut your harness and solder the new wires to the old ones or to the new switch as they are soldered on. It would probably be worth a hot to get one from a Roadie and try it out instead of waiting for one from a Warrior to turn up.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would keep combing the forums you can usually find someone that had/has some complete switch sets for sale. I have a roadstar switch set, I could take it apart to see if its the same. I just had all of mine apart, I should be able to tell. I'll let you know but it might be a couple days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just FYI, I did order a used complete left hand control from a V-star 650 and the turnsignal switch is exactly the same, all of the other switches are the same also just the 11 wires are in a different order. I removed the old switch from the housing and installed the new switch everything just plugs in so no soldering or splicing.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
That's good info to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts