RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 warrior right side turn signals do not work, left side does. changed bulbs but no luck. any suggetions?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
front or rear? does the running light in the front work? might check the headlight bucket for a loose connection. also, check to see if you have voltage at the sockets with a test light or multimeter

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Check conections in headlight and under rear fender. The wiring under the fender has been known to come in contact with the tire and rip the wires apart.

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
The running lights use the headlight fuse. The left and right signals share their own separate fuse.

---

Did youopen the handlebar switch box recently? Did the bike get really heavily wet recently?

Although it would be odd to lose both the front and rear signal bulbs twice, check them again anyway. When signaling left, and when signaling right, does the tach signal indicator illuminate and flash even if the right-side bulbs don't?

Theright-signal power wire would have to be completely brokenafter the handlebar switch but before theflasher, while at the same timenot shorting out,for the fuse to remain intact AND for the front/back/tach indicator to NOT illuminate on justone side (left or right), so its not likely a wiring problem - so lets skip that for now.

If the bulbs are okay, the problem is most likely either with the (1) flasher, or (2) handlebar switch. Check your battery box (in the relay well on the right side) for water in the bottom, causing a short. The flasher lives on the bottom.

I believe the yellow/red wire exiting the handlebar switch goes to the relay-right signal, and it exits the flasher as the dark green wire we're familiar with at the bulbs.

Let us know if this doesn't resolve it, we can take the next step.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Also check inside the taillight. Their are alot of connections that have 3 wires meeting into one with hardly anything holding them together. Something could have come loose.

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
I think the way its wired if one bulb front or rear (or its local wire connector) fails, the other bulb would still illuminate, but it might fast-flash or might not flash at all. Is that right? They are wired in parallel off the dark green wire, not in series. If both bulbs are blown, the tach indicator should still illuminate but probably would not flash (assuming the oem denso flasher).

This sounds like its either water in the relay well having damaged the flasher relay, or water in the handlebar switch having damaged the left contact (or a clean-up or mod problem).

I'm interested in knowing if my guess is at least in the ballpark!

Arcinfidel said:
Also check inside the taillight. Their are alot of connections that have 3 wires meeting into one with hardly anything holding them together. Something could have come loose.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hey now, You know im going through a tragic incident with handlebar switch mod-related problems.. you could be a little more sensative
Correct though, their in parallel. They wont fast flash if theres still a resistor somewhere in the line.. usually being the bulb itself if you havent upgraded to LEDs. IT could very well be that the wire to the turn signal selector has broken free from its soder <sp?> But i still say look under the taillight just to be sure, plus it'll force you to learn more about taking the bike apart if you havent already disassembled the taillight.. Oh its soo fun [:'(]

·
Registered
510 Posts
I seem to remember one of my quick disconnects in the taililght not being fully connected and it showed no symptoms other than the one taillight simply not lighting up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I havent personally changed the flasher so i imagine its oem. Theres no tellin what the tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass did withit before it was mine. The first owner was a cancer patient and could no longer hold the bike up(my sympathy goes to him). And the second fella was a good hardworkin country boy but i really dont think he knew what he was doing with it. Alot of the things i look at on it just make me think "why in the **** would you have done it that way" but it was a great deal and i instantly fell in love with it the second i test rode it so i didnt complain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an old thread

Did Tstang ever get his rt sided turn signal issue figured out. I am now having the same issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts