RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I inherited a 02 Warrior from my father in law that passed. He literally never rode it, and it stayed in his garage all the time. So much so, that all 4 of the turn signals have dry rotted and are all hanging by the wires. I’m not new to motorcycles as I’ve had several years ago, but I am not going to pay $400 from Yamaha for 4 turn signals. Where can I look and how do I know they will fit the bike? If I buy them from JP cycles or somewhere like that, what do I buy? How do I know they’ll fit?

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Best to post pics of all 4 so we are certain what's up with conditions and hardware.

I believe there are a number of rear signals laying around in garages. And some fronts too but not as many.

You will find this handy: Model Year Differences 2002 to 2010

In this inquiry, the 2002 2003 2004 model years use the same turn signals. 2005+ models use different bulbs and sockets and have clear lenses. If its a complete replacement of all 4 housings and all, then the newer works fine. Best to not mix since visually it will look odd.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
I have never seen this before. It looks like the front wrap-around mounts were removed and the rear mounts were bumped hard and broken. Maybe to save space in storage?

Are there any miles at all on the odometer? I'm wondering if it was new in the crate maybe.

Could you post everything after the 10th character of the VIN off the steering neck (10th character should be '2' for 2002).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was stored in a garage between two cars. Plenty of room, so no reason to break anything for storage. I used to ride it about 5 years ago and everything on the bike was fine. We moved about 30 min away from them 3 years ago, so I quit riding it and just never paid attention to it until after he passed and I got it.

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Okay so its actually been ridden a bit. Good. So it looks like the stock front mounts were removed from the fork legs. The backs were apparently bumped and broken.

Check the free for-sale ads here, try an 'advanced search' to search only the Marketplace' forum.

If you decide to go aftermarket then suggest reading-up about fast-flash correction, and 'cod' click of death, and also integrated rear signals and brake/tail lights. Its confusing, so take time to focus on each indepently from the others and it will become clear wassup between them with regard to your repair choice.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
You can buy some wrap around LEDs for the front pretty cheap...
And you can go with the Integrated
BlasterX taillight....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks. So how do the fronts mount? Do they clamp around the forks? Is there any aftermarket lights I could buy to give it a better look? I just don’t know how they mount or what would fit. I don’t want to waste my money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I hold it up where it’s supposed to go you can tell the rubber dry rotted.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
You weren’t kidding when you said the blinkers hung there. I’ve never seen anything like it either.
Also welcome to the Forum from Australia.
The guys here will steer you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
The wrap arounds for the front mount either above or below the lower triple tree on the the forks. I prefer to mount them below so if you have to remove your forks you do not have to remove the wrap around flashers. some of the wrap arounds on the market mount with double sided tape. some of the tube wrap arounds mount with double sided tape and a tie wrap. I have put in some pictures of tube type wrap around flashers showing location and effect

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice! I’ve seen those. Are they pretty bright? I like the sleek look of those. Also, do you have a 330 on your warrior?

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
Nice! I’ve seen those. Are they pretty bright? I like the sleek look of those. Also, do you have a 330 on your warrior?
they are very bright depending on which model you purchase. The chinese ones are quite bright as well. Yes i have a 330 with a five inch extended swingarm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did you get the swingarm and what brand tire did you go with?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts