RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so please be kind. I have only had my 05 warrior for a few weeks and it is a big departure from my past bikes over the past ten years as it is not shaft drive or water cooled. I also currently own an 1800 wing.

I am looking forward to Biketoberfest in Daytona next month so I can see how different accessories look on the bike. I have alrady ordered bub pipes, barons air filter kit, a power commander III and a 31 tooth sprocket. They should be here soon except for the pipes which are on back order for two weeks. I haven't made up my mind how far to take the engine yet but I am leaning towards as far as it will go without boring. I want to read more before I decide.

I do have a couple of questions that you may be able to help me with. Has anyone used the exchange program from Cycle Image. I was thinking about exchanging the rims, sprocket, hub and swing arm for a 280 set that are chromed, but I noticed they said their items are not for over the road use but this may just be disclaimed blue plate stuff.

Since I am looking for a clean look for the rear, i will probably remove all of the belt guards amd may go for a nude front sprocket cover so I would like to clean un the rear lights. I have seen some comments on this forum and others about having the rear turn signals incorporated as part of the rear tail light. I would like to knowif anyone has done this and if this alteration is a kit alteration, a purchased product or just some great garage engineering.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
CI are good guys. You will find a lot of happy customers. I would imagine the comments of "not for over the road use" is just a disclaimer, being a litigious society, I would imagine they have to say that.

For the integrated tail light/turn light system you have a few choices.

For me I went with the guys at HighTech Speed, their new system is awesome.

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/02-YAM-WARR/index.shtml

There is a less expensive system on eBay as well.

Also a guy by the name of snakeyezzz can mod it for you, a bunch of people have his system and like him a lot.

I am partial to the UFO set up, much tricker (or is that more trick?) than anything out there. Way brighter than stock for sure.

See a review here.http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29311

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Keep in mind if you go with the 240 kit you can still keep your stock rear fender and put a lowering kit on it. With the 280 you will either have to get a different fender or tighten up your suspension. Because I dont believe the rear tire will fit under it witout hitting.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
reza will take good care of you. i have a 280 kit on my bike with the stock fender and hit every once in a while, i did crank up my pre load and have not hit since, but people who have done the eibach 1000# spring seem to be in great shape. my kit was put on at the local dealership and they had NO complaints i think it was as bolt on as it could be.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I decided to go with the 240 kit from CI. Reza is a great and helpful guy to know. I really wanted to(I thought) go with the 280 kit, but when I put the 240 kit on, I was more then pleased with the outcome. By the way, I installed the 240 kit along with the lowering kit myself. Good luck!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used the clear alternatives tail light, got it off ebay and im very happy with it. It works good and is a direct bolt on, no modding to do... check out my gallery...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
cycle image (reza) is the place to go . the 280 looks sweet but i hear it kills the handling . you can fit a 210 on the stock rim gives a wider look with out messing up the handling or the $$$ of the wide rim / swing arm kit . check out my gallery to see rezas stuff and the 210.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I hear the UFO kit is the Shizzznit..but going on 3 weeks now and still no Light. I am kinda pissed about it since the last 4 times I have called and they said it will go out today...I guarantee it. Still nothing. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif They sure didnt wait to charge my credit card though. /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
remember,the 240 kit will fit real nice under your rear fender if you lower it. with the 280 you will need to modify the rear fender if your bike is lowered at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts