RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm running HK Kickers ,BAK, & Custom mapped PC3. Without having to pay for more DYNO time, How much more fuel for removing the baffles from the exhaust? My assumption is correct, right? Less back pressure means a leaner burn condition? Anybody fiddled with it without being able to hook into the PC3 with the computer. I'm running XP, this Fugging thing cannot load the control center or find the map files. HELP!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey DN, here's my theory. The only way to have a perfect map is to do another Dyno run. To try and get close to that, I could E-Mail you both maps ( with and without baffles ) and you could compare the two. The difference between the two should be close to the difference between your custom map and what your custom map would be if you ran the dyno without baffles. You could then manually adjust your PCIII in the low, mid and high ranges approxiamately, that's where you turn the bike on while holding all 3 buttons down, start the bike, wait a few seconds, then release the buttons. You then press any one of the buttons to richen the mix in that range, or hold a button to lean it. You then go right to the next button and repeat, and then the next. If that doesn't work out you could just ride, check your plugs, adjust ECU, repeat. If anyone else knows an easier way or something contrary to what I think, please let me know. Like I said, just a theory. Hope it helps. I have HK Kickers and I think they sound a lot better without the baffles, but I don't have the BAK yet so I don't actually need to have a custom map done yet.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I run xp and the software runs flawlessly. try either/or uninstalling then reloading the software and make sure when you hook up the comcord that your pc is off. don't know if that will make a difference but i am always leary about hot plugging anything that's not usb.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Need to make sure you have the 9volt power adapter (and a good battery) attached between the cable and the PCIII in order to be able to program it. I have used XP as well as 2000 without any problems.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I'm running XP with no problems whatsoever. Which PC software version are you running? Post or e-mail the exact problem you're experiencing, with screen shots if you can get them. We'd be glad to help you out...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts