RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been riding the Warrior for about two months now. Rode my buddy's BMW for 3 months before buying the warrior and just finished my MSF last Sunday. So I'm riding in West LA going towards Sunset and I come to this stoplight inside a right hand curve...nice and easy...I slow down,and as I'm about to put my left foot down the bike starts leaning towards the right...shoot the road was slopedto the right, so I try to put my right foot down and by the time it reaches the ground the bike is leaned way too over...down she takes me. Not much damage, just a little scratch on the mirror, the brake pedal, and the bazooka, oh and a tiny dimple on the tank behind the emblem. This b*tch is so heavy though, the guy behind me had to help out. Anyways my ego got shattered, but I decided to stay true to the warrior and rode her ass all the way to Malibu...

I think the weight of frickin' bazooka pulled me down...time to lose some weight[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
The lightest pipes are samson shorties, but keep in mind they are night and day compared to the water heater! At least you weren't injured personally, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
No way. Just bad luck. Sorry to hear it! I have had mine over on both side and picked it up no problem. Like a mother seeing her baby under a car, you get strong real quick.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Glad to hear it was minor, but it really wasn't the pipe that pulled you down. It was more just a lapse in concentration. But I'd still get a set of aftermarket pipes just because they make the Warrior sound like it should.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know the feeling. I stopped for a light at night and put my left foot down in oil. She went all the way down on her side. I just considered that her christening. Every bike gets at least one.[8D]

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by xenarchi

No way. Just bad luck. Sorry to hear it! I have had mine over on both side and picked it up no problem. Like a mother seeing her baby under a car, you get strong real quick.

I know, it was just bad luck...I had never dropped a bike before. I'm kinda of a lightweight though, 140lb, 5'6". So what's your secret...400lb leg presses[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Glad your OK. If you ever have to pick up a bike, bend down. I mean neel down, put your right knee under the bikes edge where the seat and the tank meet, holding the handle bars stand up. Your legs are much stronger than your arms. When I took the MSF at age 16, that is one of the first things they tought us. The other was to be able to push the bike up a hill from the shed where they kept the bikes. No one could ride the bike up the hill 'til everyone could. We learned how to work that clutch real quick. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RX_Warrior

quote:Originally posted by xenarchi

I know, it was just bad luck...I had never dropped a bike before. I'm kinda of a lightweight though, 140lb, 5'6". So what's your secret...400lb leg presses[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Just a lot of adrenaline. Seeing the poor bike laying on its side is a quite a motivating factor. If you get some leverage under the seat end, she'll come up.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Mine went over on it's side twice. Once in wet grass, the other, it fell off the jack (yikes). No real damage either time and no real problem getting it back up. One time pulled it up from the opposite side, the other time picked it up from the side it fell on. Never even thought about weight, I think adrenaline really does play a part.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Two Months! Well that's longer mine.

I had mine three days when I put my foot down on a carpet remnant in my garage and it slipped and down we went.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Everybody drops a bike at some point. For me, it was the little honda I learned on...I dropped it twice...no damage either time...so I lucked out.

Gravel, oil, steel constuction plates, white marking paint, diesel fuel, wet leaves, trash, wet shoes....I could list you about 40 different road hazards that can put a bike down if you aren't careful enough...just learn to look for them and stay aware...you will be fine.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have never owned a bike until I bought one for my husband in June. I needed to drive it really bad. He took me out to an empty parking lot and let me have at it. I did really good at first. He wouldn't let me change gears until I had gotten good at making corners. Then he gave me the go and I was loving it. I drove for awhile and then was telling myself that I needed to stop and give it back to him. Well then I thought nah just keep going. Well I came to a screeching hault, my feet weren't really to go down and then the bike leaned over on to the water heater. I picked that heavy boy back up, scared to death. But you get super human strength when that kind of thing happens. Or at least I did. My husband and friends were shocked that I picked it back up. The warrior is like my second child. I don't want to even think about hurting my baby. I was shaken at the thought of what could have happened, but no damage was made thank goodness. But I guess that is what I have to deal with when learning how to ride it like it should be rode. But glad to hear that you are ok. That is really all that matters.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Well, the good thing is, you're OK...the better thing is... Now You Can Mod!!! Nothing like a little damage to justify spending $$$ on the bike!! Good luck and start working out!! Or else, just go faster (she lightens up a lot at speed!)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Layla.

Daaaaaaammmmm...that is a heavy bike to pick up...do you lift weights? Holy crap...I know grown men who can't pick up a 600lb bike (I'm probably one of them). I guess the adrenaline does a lot in that dept.

Fafo64 has it right...just a great excuse to start modding.

Chris

1 - 20 of 76 Posts