RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back by popular demand...:cool:...TWOT Fest III will be held in the Spring of 2013 from April 27th til May 4th.

This event, for the past two years, has been held in the mountains of Western NC in Laurel Springs. The roads are simply fantastic! The location is perfect with the Back of the Dragon in VA, the Diamondback in NC, the Snake in TN and of course the Blue Ridge Parkway all within easy riding distance. Not to mention all the other great roads we've discovered the past two years that don't have fancy schmancy names. :D

Freebornes Eatery and Lodge will serve as base camp again. They're a motorcycle friendly resort/hotel with a full service restaurant and bar on site. Camping is allowed in the rear, a bath house is available for tenters and there are hotel rooms with wifi as well as a house and three small cottages for rent across the road. All owned by the hotel.

The town of Sparta is just up the road and has a few restaurants, grocery stores, banks etc...should you find yourself in need of their services.

There is a great mechanic in North Wilkesboro that has helped us in the past and is reasonably priced.

Make sure if you attend, to bring a set of tires or better yet have a new set installed before coming. You will likely need them before the week is done and we hate to hold everyone else up waiting for you to have them mounted in the next town over.

You can pick your own ride or group to ride with. Dwight, Dave and myself have lead the pack the past two times but some of the regulars should now be familiar enough with the area to lead. Not saying we won't lead at all but a break would be nice. ;) GPS is wonderful for those not wanting to stay with the group and works good for those not able to keep up too :eek::D...cause we tend to ride FAST. Every year we say we're slowing down but it never happens. Heck, I think we get faster if anything. :eek:

Rides are not on some sort of schedule. We usually discuss them around the fire the night before. If you like where the group is headed, feel free to join us. If not, you can hardly go wrong in any direction. Curves are plentiful.

BYOB cause you're not drinking mine :p. While packing, if you have spare belts, take off tires, tools, basically anything someone might be able to use should they break down or lay it down...bring it. We've got a few gear heads that don't mind wrenching to help a brother back on the road.

That's about it for now. If you've never been click here and here to read about past events or here for pics. It's alot of fun. Hope to see you there. :)

Planning to attend:

1. garnerwarrior and Trilby
2. vladens
3. messx03
4. warriordog and Janice
5. jamesd and Pam ???
6. round207warrior
7. yodie001
8. 1warlock
9. strtwarrior
10. vmaxchuck
11. Gypped
12. daboy 57110
13. crescent1101
14. cableguy2232
15. badass01ram and Teresa
16. marine warrior
17. lagalaxy8 ???
18. BillM
19. jdpark
20. dawlazz

·
Registered
826 Posts
After having missed last couple of years I can truly say I miss hanging out with you freaks. I'll do my best to make it to the 2013 TWOT Fest

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Well 4ell fire ,save some matches , #%uck a duck and see what hatches!!!!
Quack quack , I'll be there either week!!!!!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Janice and I are IN!!!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I dont know If I can take a full week of putting up with Cressys diarrhea of the mouth...might just come thurs fri sat sun...1st week may works for me.

LMBs Cressy...if you can shut up long enough to do it....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone else thrown off by the name of the event? I mean, 1 letter off from being absolutely hilarious. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a party I would want to be at!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Assuming there's room for a couple newbies, my girl and I are probably up for either week. We might be visiting some of my family in Italy around that time-frame, but she still hasn't gotten her passport so we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
476 Posts
I will be there. The week ending Friday May 3rd works best for me and gets my vote. Last year we got a 25% discount on all rooms do you think if we called they would offer that to us again? worth a try I can call if you want. Last year the campground was under construction and not usable the time we were there, should be fixed now and Im pretty sure they sai they would have electric available for the sites too just call and check

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I will call Freebournes !! I called they today !! Good news. Jeff and Jenny are running it now !! :). Jeff was the cook last year - and we all know and love Jenny. The girl in the bar :). And I'll post up what I find out :)

1 - 20 of 814 Posts