RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aghhh. I hate the thought of someone else working on my bike!
I do pretty much everything myself and have done for years, but...
I have spoken to Yamaha UK and found that my bike has the TPS recall outstanding.
Trouble is, the dealer that I used in the past has closed.
They were like 100 miles from where I live, but I went there because they were excellent with Warrior stuff and came highly recommended.
They lived up to their rep and were really good.
You have to bear in mind that the Warrior is almost an unknown model in the UK and many dealers don't even know what it IS!
So - with that said, I need to find a dealer that I can TRUST.
Does anyone in the UK have a dealer that they genuinely feel are trustworthy and capable of doing the recall work properly?
I am willing to travel to find the right dealer.
There's nothing worse than phoning a shop - telling them I've got a warrior, and they reply - oh yeah... that's a quad isn't it?
Lets face it, no dealer REALLY wants to do recall work. Especially on an imported bike, for a person who's probably never going to be a regular customer - so I'm not looking forward to trying to get this work done if I'm honest.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH dear!

The silence speaks volumes!

It's a sad fact that none of us feel we can really trust a dealer to do an honest decent and quality job on our bikes - even for free!!!!

I seem to have found a good mechanic (recommended by Tomba).
I say mechanic, because the Yamaha dealership that he currently works for is closing in a few weeks.

Nick (UK-Warrior) managed to track down the guy who carried out the recall work on my previous warrior. He was great.
He has moved to another dealer - because the place I got the work done at last time has ALSO closed!
If Tomba's mechanic doesn't come through, I will give this other place a call.

Both are about 100 miles from me, in opposite directions!

I understand that our Warriors are not a common bike in the UK - and are also a discontinued model.
None of this helps the situation, but the issue is about the trust that we need to have when handing over our pride and joy to a stranger.

Finding a Yamaha dealer that has a passionate and trustworthy mechanic in the UK has proven to be difficult.
I'm sure they are out there, but not enough of us use the dealers, to be able to offer a recommendation based on personal experience.

It looks like I am going to have to pay the labour costs to have the TPS recall done.
If it means I get the job done properly - AND my bike is returned to me in the condition that I left it in, then I'll keep telling myself it's worth it.

:mad::confused::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
Its not an easy task here either . Most of the mechanics in the local dealers here have never seen a Warrior

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Travelling to another county is bad enough.... travelling to another COUNTRY is out of the question!
I like your thinking Jarv...... 'Mon the Windies..... it's only a 10 hour drive for you :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer recom

Hi Jarv,

I'm a newb here but had my warrior since 2009. Bit of a drive from Herts but Fowlers of Bristol have done all my recall work in 2010. May not be a suitable response but I've stumped up a reply :D

Good luck
John

p.s mine is an American import

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Yeah - I know Fowlers.
I've managed to find someone trustworthy in Kent, but cheers for the suggestion. We are here to help each other out, so any input is always welcome.

·
Administrator
28,804 Posts
Welcome aboard! This is a great first post, stepping-up to help someone solve a trouble. Awesome! Its great that you are here!

Hi Jarv,

I'm a newb here but had my warrior since 2009. Bit of a drive from Herts but Fowlers of Bristol have done all my recall work in 2010. May not be a suitable response but I've stumped up a reply :D

Good luck
John

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Jarv,

Good luck
John

wow Ive been out of the country in Oz for 15 years but its good to hear that good ole Fowl-ups are still around! lol welcome John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts