RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Yes I did a search for this and got nothing for this particular problem. I changed my oil for the first time and did as cargnee's post with the pics, except one mistake. I unscrewed the wrong bolt just forward of the spring on the right underneath side of the bike. Its about 4 to 6 inches away (diagnaly) from the forward oil drain plug on the right. As I drained that plug, yes oil did come out but Im not sure if it was the gear box. My confusion is the gear box drain plug is on the right side but not underneath to my knowledge and what I have read. Could someone please shed some light on this. Was this oil plug or grearbox plug.

thanks,

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I think you're OK. The gear oil drain is AFT of the brake master cylinder and on the side rather than on the bottom. Gear oil smells different, you would notice.

Just to be safe... check the level in your transfer case.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bladerunr

Gear oil smells different, you would notice.

It smells like someone lit ass hair on fire, if you were wondering....

Dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]LMAO!!! Ass Hair? Im a internet provider and I have not surfed the web for fun for over 4 years and I must say you guys are the funniest dam bunch of people I ever met. Thanks for making the net fun again!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Only other word I could think of is "behind", my bike don't have one of those. No Navy, lil sailin here and there.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
sounds to me like you pulled out the oil pressure port bolt. You can add a gauge at that port to see oil pressure. I have one and love it.

I bet just a small qty of oil came out, right?

Insert Image:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhhh! That explains it. Yes just a very small amount of oil. Thanks Condrons and everyone else for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts