RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great job Carknee[^][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Nice work getting the site up and running again.[8D]

I am sure I speak for many here in thanking you for your hard work you did today to get our site back up and running.[^][^]

This is just one of many fine examples of why we should support our site, administrator and moderators[^][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The site is back, but it will probably have some problems over the weekend. Latency is pretty bad while they get their big pipes back up, I'm not complaining since the server is stll functional!

Thanks to everyone for the support and their patientence

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Awesome CarKnee....Good Job. WHEW....Good to hear the server was ok, I know it's not that old.

It is a little slow right now but It's better than nothing, I was getting the shakes, My wife says I have a problem....Hey, there are worse things to be addicted to.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Carknee...darn, the server came right back up and you never had to see if the backups were OK and current (just kidding). That had to have had you sweating bullets for a bit, what a stroke of bad luck followed by a stroke of good luck!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

Carknee...darn, the server came right back up and you never had to see if the backups were OK and current (just kidding). That had to have had you sweating bullets for a bit, what a stroke of bad luck followed by a stroke of good luck!

I was more than sweating bullets all day! I was at the facility at 5:15pm and abspestos was just finishing up for the day. They said I could get in around 7pm, and that they would hopefully have generators going by then.

Before I got there they called me and said the server looks good... sure enough!

Backups did exist, but they weren't all that current. The old server had become the backup server, but it ran out of disk space. [xx(] Needless to say, a new server is on order and will be performing full nightly backups. It can then be used as a "warm" spare in an event like this.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Thanks Carnee and ED for keeping us up to date.. Great Job..

Anyway to get my 4 posts over there on my total over here???? Just kidding....

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
GREAT JOB!!!
I woke up this morning and logged in to see what was new and all I could do was stare at the pictures of an exploded building. It took me a few minutes to comprehend the words I was reading. lol
Yet again you did an excellent job getting it back up and running. Now I dont have to stare at the outside world!
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Sorry you had to work overtime today but thanks for doing so. A computer crash or an explosion near a computer is never good. Thanks to all the Mods!!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Dang, what are the odds. Fortunate nobody got hurt with that gas explosion!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thanks for all of the work, you did a great job carknee.
The timing was real bad though, I found out about the accident
when I was going to show a non-using/trusting of the internet
friend about how great the site was. All he saw was that the
site blew up. Well at least I'll have another reason to log
onto the site next Monday at work. lol
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHH, I really feel like a junkie that just scored a fix. LOL This site is my crack, thanks Sean and Ed for keeping us up to date on the happenings. And Sean the wife says to tell you that if you didn't feel like running the site anymore, you didn't have to blow the building up.[B)][:0][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts