RS Warrior Forum banner

up and running

3K views 44 replies 40 participants last post by  33489 
#1 ·
Great job Carknee[^][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Nice work getting the site up and running again.[8D]

I am sure I speak for many here in thanking you for your hard work you did today to get our site back up and running.[^][^]

This is just one of many fine examples of why we should support our site, administrator and moderators[^][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

See less See more
#2 ·
The site is back, but it will probably have some problems over the weekend. Latency is pretty bad while they get their big pipes back up, I'm not complaining since the server is stll functional!

Thanks to everyone for the support and their patientence

#4 ·
Awesome CarKnee....Good Job. WHEW....Good to hear the server was ok, I know it's not that old.

It is a little slow right now but It's better than nothing, I was getting the shakes, My wife says I have a problem....Hey, there are worse things to be addicted to.

#10 ·
quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

Carknee...darn, the server came right back up and you never had to see if the backups were OK and current (just kidding). That had to have had you sweating bullets for a bit, what a stroke of bad luck followed by a stroke of good luck!

I was more than sweating bullets all day! I was at the facility at 5:15pm and abspestos was just finishing up for the day. They said I could get in around 7pm, and that they would hopefully have generators going by then.

Before I got there they called me and said the server looks good... sure enough!

Backups did exist, but they weren't all that current. The old server had become the backup server, but it ran out of disk space. [xx(] Needless to say, a new server is on order and will be performing full nightly backups. It can then be used as a "warm" spare in an event like this.

#14 ·
GREAT JOB!!!
I woke up this morning and logged in to see what was new and all I could do was stare at the pictures of an exploded building. It took me a few minutes to comprehend the words I was reading. lol
Yet again you did an excellent job getting it back up and running. Now I dont have to stare at the outside world!
THANK YOU!

#18 ·
Thanks for all of the work, you did a great job carknee.
The timing was real bad though, I found out about the accident
when I was going to show a non-using/trusting of the internet
friend about how great the site was. All he saw was that the
site blew up. Well at least I'll have another reason to log
onto the site next Monday at work. lol
Thanks again.

#20 ·
AHHHHHHHHHHH, I really feel like a junkie that just scored a fix. LOL This site is my crack, thanks Sean and Ed for keeping us up to date on the happenings. And Sean the wife says to tell you that if you didn't feel like running the site anymore, you didn't have to blow the building up.[B)][:0][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

#24 ·
Wow, I am impressed!! I am sure many people are as glad as I am that the site is back up and running. While I am not a frequent contributer I do get on often and read through the posts.

Mike, I saw your message in the temp forum. I didn't realize you weren't going to have the bike for a while....for some reason I thought you were going to have it home yesterday. I will definitely be awaiting the results of the mods though.

#25 ·
Carknee, great save man! Once again, you go above and beyond to provide the RSW junkies a fix.. as someone else has noted.

I knew something was wrong.. 16Shy called and told me that the building that housed the server blew up or something like that.. All I could think about is holy crap.. hope no one was in the building..

Anyone have links to the news story or photos, out of curiosity?

#26 ·
Carknee, all I can say is wow! Glad to hear that the server was ok! I cant imagine going back to being a Go-ped again! Good job on getting the forum back up so quickly! For those who dont log in regularly probably didnt even realize that their even was a problem. This is still the best forum around! You guys rock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.